• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virus

Wow, 30 views and no replies?

I'm no expert and I've only dealt with the Android OS for a month. But in that month I've done a LOT of reading. As far as I can tell, you do NOT need any kind of anti-virus software for your phone. When getting apps from the market, read a bunch of the comments before you install, not just the first 3 either.

Upvote 0
I think it's short sighted to say that there is no need for some sort of anti-malware software on Android.

Sure, we probably won't see a "virus" in the old school sense of the word, but the fact still remains that trojans can exist on any platform. The user has become the easiest part of the "system" to hack.

DailyTech - Google Moves Against Growing Volume of Malware on Android Market

We're still, to some extent, in the infancy of mobile devices. Considering how capable our phones are now, just think what they'll be able to do in another 24 months. They really are computers in your pocket.

-SF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones