1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Visson ATV-108 c03ref new firmware - 20120827

Last Updated:

1. stane1983

stane1983 Well-Known Member Developer

!!! For c03ref only !!!

Changelog:
    - 1080 issue fixed
    - SDCARD issue fixed
    - 3G dongle support - added for most of Huawei 3g USB modules with huge APN list preinstalled
    - Newer version of Flash (released by Amlogic)
    - New kernel sources, speed improvements, antutu benchmark about 2400

Note for 3G dongles:
    - data connection works, sending SMS works, receiving SMS doesn't work

!!! Note: Firmware needs to be installed twice, using reset button procedure !!!

Link: V-Play download section

Regards,
    Stane1983

Advertisement
  2. Xapeck

Xapeck New Member

Hi.

I have installed the latest firmware for c03ref several times now, but still can't get the SD-card to work. Overall look and feel is great, but without the SD card it's not really usable.

Could you please clarify the note:
    !!! Note: Firmware needs to be installed twice, using reset button procedure !!!

Especially the reset button procedure.

Thank you.

PS: Bought you a beer ;)

3. safl

safl New Member

v-play download section is offline? Anybody knows when it will be up?

I am running "20120621_Android_ICS-ATV-108-c03ref.zip" and having trouble with my ethernet and would like to try an update. The ethernet worked with the stock 2.3 fw.

Cheers
  4. belmix

belmix Member

very necessary init.d
  5. belmix

belmix Member

can it support c03ref kernel 3.x?
  6. stane1983

Hi,

answer to both questions:

V-Play firmware is no longer available for free, it is shipped with V-Play device and uses OTA upgrades.

No, I don't believe that m1 will be supported by 3.x kernel. Officially not for sure, Amlogic stopped development for m1 in April last year. M3 kernel it's possible that it will be available soon, cause Dutch guy Daniel is working on porting MX 3.0.50 kernel to M3 platform. It is current in WIP and for Linux XBMC.
    belmix likes this.
  7. belmix

belmix Member

If support for this product is no longer why not give the source code of the firmware and kernel users to develop new versions?
  8. belmix

belmix Member

Visson ATV-108 c03ref firmware - 20120827 how to get the new firmware from the manufacturer?
  9. belmix

belmix Member

Please recompile the kernel in the firmware add the line
    to file init.rc

start sysinit
    on property:habr.sysinit.done=1
    class_start default

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts system/etc/init.d
    disabled
    oneshot
  10. stane1983

Contact Visson directly. I don't have it anymore. Latest m1 firmware from Visson is ICS.MBX.20120422.

See PM, for everyone else, there's topic under Google TV subforum regarding unpacking and repacking Amlogic kernel (4th or 5th page).
  11. taketakk

taketakk New Member

Stane, thanks for your great work! I've updated my ZAP-A9 (c03ref) with and it looks great! However, I'm experiencing a little problem with audio output volume, which is lower than before upgrade. Could you please let me know if is there a way to boost audio output?

Thanks as lot! Let me know how to buy you a beer! XD