• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visson ATV-108 f16ref new firmware - 20120625

Status
Not open for further replies.
On V-Play download section

new firmware for Visson ATV-108 Android TV box available (20120625) under f16ref download section.

Features:
- Android 4.0.4
- IR remote support
- resolution and scaling settings are now saved
- CVBS output works
- uinput and other input devices
- new languages
- camera support, needs testing
- Network shares available trough /mnt/NetShares
- MoviePlayer subtitles - shadow effect replaced with outline effect
- AppInstall - /mnt/NetShares folder handling improved

Thanks Guys

DeviceChecker says: f16ref so if that is sufficient I will give it a go.

If it's Visson product and DeviceChecker says f16ref, you will have no problems installing my fw...

Post feedback, I do have 40+ downloads but no feedback.... I tested it myself for cpl of hours, watched 2 movies over network and found no errors.

There is known problem with all firmwares with MoviePlayer and vobsub subtitles packed in mkv, they are not displayed correctly.

Btw, if someone fixed this, feel free to share :) It's implemented in SubTitle package in amlogic source tree.

Upvote 0
If it's Visson product and DeviceChecker says f16ref, you will have no problems installing my fw...

Post feedback, I do have 40+ downloads but no feedback.... I tested it myself for cpl of hours, watched 2 movies over network and found no errors.

There is known problem with all firmwares with MoviePlayer and vobsub subtitles packed in mkv, they are not displayed correctly.

Btw, if someone fixed this, feel free to share :) It's implemented in SubTitle package in amlogic source tree.

Before the upgrade the box would not enable WiFi even though it did yesterday.

I upgraded but unfortunately the WiFi wont work get an error trying to enable.

After that going to the main Android screen the screen just goes black. Did set it to 1080p

Restart and clicking on the Robot to go to the main screen causes the screen to go black.

A hardware issuee since yesterday perhaps.

I did get an upgrade error:
"Mac written already or something error"
"efuse write MAC failed"

Can I reset back to the previous version? How?

Upvote 0

After that going to the main Android screen the screen just goes black. Did set it to 1080p

Restart and clicking on the Robot to go to the main screen causes the screen to go black.

"efuse write MAC failed"

Just ignore the error. About wifi issue and this behavior.... I believe you have malfunctioning device... There is known problem with wifi on first f16's Visson produced, you should contact your seller for replacement device. Before that I recommend to return to stock fw. I do have stock fw 0502 from Visson, will upload it. Install procedure is same as was for my firmware.

Maybe you have original fw, but you cannot 'downgrade' because of date checks in update script. I will upload fw but with modified update script which just skips that check and will install normally.

Reactions: davidcr
Upvote 0

"efuse write MAC failed"

Stock Visson 0502 f16ref firmware:

Download atv-108-m3-0502.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Reactions: davidcr
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
After loading in this version the WiFi is working again and the sound on NetFlix is working - the sound did not work out of the box or with your new version.

I will test it over the weekend and assuming it keeps working would you advise me to send it back or keep it?

Here is latest official fw (06-29) if you want to test. You can overwrite it wih my previous package:

Download 6-29 M3 new firmware(ROOT

This kernel is based on same sources as my fw, Android 4.0.4, so might be problems with netflix also... needs to be tested, I can't (netflix not available in Croatia).

Upvote 0
Will there be any rooted rom for c03ref version?

Here is latest official fw (06-29) if you want to test. You can overwrite it wih my previous package:

Download 6-29 M3 new firmware(ROOT

This kernel is based on same sources as my fw, Android 4.0.4, so might be problems with netflix also... needs to be tested, I can't (netflix not available in Croatia).

Upvote 0
Hi all, hoping someone can help. I recieved my box yesterday and have not been able to connect to the internet through ethernet. I have just flashed this Rom which seems much more stable, but still no ethernet connection only wifi which drops connection all the time. Have i got a faulty box? or could it be software related?

cheers

edit: i had ethernet working for a while (dont know how) but its gone again, i think ICS is too unstable at present. is there any way to downgrade to android 2?

Upvote 0
Today I have upgraded my Google TV Box GV-13 device to your last firmware, and then it was stuck on "smart.. smarter.. v.play" screen and nothing happened.

I had to make a rescue disk and to flash official "6-29 M3 new firmware", but the device was stuck on starting screen again.

Unfortunately I have no backup firmware, and I dont know where to get it. So I only hope for your help.

Here is how my device looks like.
windstone.su/image/cache/data/google-tv-gv13/7-500x500.jpg

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi all, hoping someone can help. I recieved my box yesterday and have not been able to connect to the internet through ethernet. I have just flashed this Rom which seems much more stable, but still no ethernet connection only wifi which drops connection all the time. Have i got a faulty box? or could it be software related?

cheers

edit: i had ethernet working for a while (dont know how) but its gone again, i think ICS is too unstable at present. is there any way to downgrade to android 2?

Hi. Ethernet must work in all cases, wifi can be a problem. If you're sure you have no problems with your LAN cable or router itself, you have faulty box.

Also, I didn't follow, if you have M3 (f16ref) device, there is no Android 2.3.4 for f16ref. On the other hand, if you have c03ref, I can provide you a link with modified update.zip which will allow you to downgrade to latest Visson's 2.3.4 firmware.

P.S. Sorry for my absence, I was not feeling very good these days.

Upvote 0
Today I have upgraded my Google TV Box GV-13 device to your last firmware, and then it was stuck on "smart.. smarter.. v.play" screen and nothing happened.

I had to make a rescue disk and to flash official "6-29 M3 new firmware", but the device was stuck on starting screen again.

Unfortunately I have no backup firmware, and I dont know where to get it. So I only hope for your help.

Thank you.

My advise is to contact your seller to provide you latest official firmware for your device. As I told, I'm making firmwares only for Visson products, I can't do anything else right now but advise you to do that :)

Upvote 0

Thank you.

I posted this in another thread. You can go here: DVR VOD By URAKU
and download the T1 fw. It is exactly the same as the GV-13.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I've installed your firmware. It;s great; thanx!!
I've a question: Why is it you can't install (or see) most apps for Google tv and even some apss like facebook and chrome on this ATV-108 device?

Will be fixed (already is) in next release. If you want to try beta fw for f16ref, check out this post.

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi Stane,
One question: how to update; I think you missed one file (there have to be 7 in stead of 6 files)

Hi,

if you're referring to aml_autoscript, it's obsolete, new fw upgrades don't need that one.

List of needed files for Visson ATV-108 f16ref update:

ethmac.efuse
factory_update_param.aml
new_patch.zip
u-boot-aml-ucl.bin
uImage_recovery
update.zip

Anyway, on V-Play download section you have new fw for f16ref, dated 20120807

Upvote 0
I am also in same situation. How you make rescue disc OR how can I force it to uboot.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones