• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visson ATV-108 f16ref new firmware - 20120807

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
can anyone help me?
I think, my Visson ATV-102(f16ref) android box is totally bricked.

I have followed these procedure:

1. Download your firmware files (RAR archive) and unpack all files to root of your sdcard
2. Insert your sdcard in your box
3. Start Upgrade application on your device and choose Local Upgrade
4. Select file update.zip and on next screen select Reboot And Install Package
5. After upgrade is completed you will be back to Android Recovery System. You might see some errors such as invalid parameter or error writing mac address. Ignore that, just unplug your device from power and plug it back in to boot Android (first boot takes some time)

After Step 4 has my device rebooted and hung at A9 screen. I waited 10 minutes and i unplug it from power and plug it back.

Now following behavior:

1) Normal 'boot': both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset & Boot: led dont flash and no TV-OUT.

Can someone tell me how I can force my device to boot from SD-Card or is the bootloader damaged? :(

hi, do you have access to a HDMI input TV? If so, use it so you can follow update process.
When flashing on boot use the following:
- with power off insert card with 256mb and all the files from the zip stane has released
- press reset button don't release it, and while pressed, plug-in power
- only release reset after led's flash 3 times.
- wait update process

Upvote 0
here is a new link
Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black | eBay

$(KGrHqNHJBME-eKWlp,ZBP)sgk,65w~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFcE-lwk9D7HBP)sgnecfw~~60_3.JPG

Upvote 0
I am experimenting all kind of video files, and it is common in all of them little pauses during the film. The films don't play smoothly, as in a computer.

I using MX Player. I have try a lot of them, and I find MX Player very interesting, because of configurations possibilities.

Can video playback be enhanced?

Upvote 0
I am experimenting all kind of video files, and it is common in all of them little pauses during the film. The films don't play smoothly, as in a computer.

I using MX Player. I have try a lot of them, and I find MX Player very interesting, because of configurations possibilities.

Can video playback be enhanced?

Hi,

working on that...

Upvote 0
Hi stane,
Thanks for the ROM - I installed it on my box (different than the atv-108 but definitely f16ref), and it works great. However, both yours and the original ROM have an issue with the ethernet not working. According to my adb logcat, it would receive DHCP settings correctly, but then disconnect. If I look at the back of the machine where the ethernet lights are, when it disconnects, the lights go off for a bit, then come back on, and the process is repeated forever. However, if I hook it up to my laptop, the lights stay on forever (without giving an IP), so I'm assuming it's not a hardware problem.

I was wondering if you had any idea what the issue could be? Has anyone else had this issue?
I also heard that ethernet on ICS with a 2.6 kernel could be troublesome. Is there a version that has a 3.0 kernel?

Thanks again for the ROM. Can't live without root :)

Upvote 0
Hi stane,
Thanks for the ROM - I installed it on my box (different than the atv-108 but definitely f16ref), and it works great. However, both yours and the original ROM have an issue with the ethernet not working. According to my adb logcat, it would receive DHCP settings correctly, but then disconnect. If I look at the back of the machine where the ethernet lights are, when it disconnects, the lights go off for a bit, then come back on, and the process is repeated forever. However, if I hook it up to my laptop, the lights stay on forever (without giving an IP), so I'm assuming it's not a hardware problem.

I was wondering if you had any idea what the issue could be? Has anyone else had this issue?
I also heard that ethernet on ICS with a 2.6 kernel could be troublesome. Is there a version that has a 3.0 kernel?

Hi,

Ethernet seems to be a problem with new Amlogic sources for f16ref board. I tried to fix it but it works only partially. On Visson f16ref works but low performance... at least it works for me...

Wifi is now my priority, I'm working to fix wifi issues on f16ref and realtek 8192cu based wifi modules.... Wifi module is actually good one, but implementation is not.

About 3.x kernel, forget about it (at least officially)... m1 and m3 boards stays on 2.6.34 kernel. M6 boards (MX - dual core) will have 3.0.8 kernel. That's confirmed by Amlogic's employee.

Upvote 0
Hi,

As far as I can tell, the error of interest is:
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /proc/net/xt_qtaguid/stats: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
A quick google search tells me that its a kernel module that is missing. Any way we can get that module included in the current kernel version, or maybe somehow create dummy files with appropriate content? Just to get the errors to go away. I'm willing to help any way I can.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Ethernet seems to be a problem with new Amlogic sources for f16ref board. I tried to fix it but it works only partially. On Visson f16ref works but low performance... at least it works for me...

Wifi is now my priority, I'm working to fix wifi issues on f16ref and realtek 8192cu based wifi modules.... Wifi module is actually good one, but implementation is not.

About 3.x kernel, forget about it (at least officially)... m1 and m3 boards stays on 2.6.34 kernel. M6 boards (MX - dual core) will have 3.0.8 kernel. That's confirmed by Amlogic's employee.

Yesterday my wifi just refused to connect. Didn't change a thing on the router and now the ATV does not even 'see' my home network. SSIID is not hidden.
And it's working on channel 14.
I can see other (private) networks though...:mad:

Btw, is there any 'safe' way to power off ATV-102 (aka 108)? :thinking:
I use Quick Reboot wich has a power off widget.

Upvote 0
Hi,
can anyone help me?
I think, my Visson ATV-102(f16ref) android box is totally bricked.

I have followed these procedure:

1. Download your firmware files (RAR archive) and unpack all files to root of your sdcard
2. Insert your sdcard in your box
3. Start Upgrade application on your device and choose Local Upgrade
4. Select file update.zip and on next screen select Reboot And Install Package
5. After upgrade is completed you will be back to Android Recovery System. You might see some errors such as invalid parameter or error writing mac address. Ignore that, just unplug your device from power and plug it back in to boot Android (first boot takes some time)

After Step 4 has my device rebooted and hung at A9 screen. I waited 10 minutes and i unplug it from power and plug it back.

Now following behavior:

1) Normal 'boot': both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset & Boot: led dont flash and no TV-OUT.

Can someone tell me how I can force my device to boot from SD-Card or is the bootloader damaged? :(

Are you sure you copied all the files to sdcard? Usually when upgrading and you're stuck at boot logo screen, uImage_recovery is missing or cannot be accesed for some reason (sdcard?) by bootloader.

Upvote 0
Yesterday my wifi just refused to connect. Didn't change a thing on the router and now the ATV does not even 'see' my home network. SSIID is not hidden.
And it's working on channel 14.
I can see other (private) networks though...:mad:

Btw, is there any 'safe' way to power off ATV-102 (aka 108)? :thinking:
I use Quick Reboot wich has a power off widget.

Of course this means that I ditched the standard remote (useless!!!) and bought a wireless mini keyboard.
That's why I use a software power off procedure.

Upvote 0
Hi stane,

Yes, I do have this issue too.
I can't play 1080p files from ethernet, but I can play them from wi-fi.
Another issue came across, when I am in wi-fi mode, my wireless keyboard stops working.
Can you help me with this?

Upvote 0
Do you have an ext pen/hdd connected? Try switching the usb port where wireless receiver from keyboard is connected with the ext hdd

Yes I do have a hdd connected. I switched but it is the same.
I tried every channel in my wireless router and it is the same.
The wireless keyboard just stop working, when in wi-fi mode.

Will be improvements in Ethernet connection?

I do have a cable installation in my home, and I would like to use it.

By the way, congratulations this is a very nice ROM.
I think that this hardware is not well implemented, don't you think?

Upvote 0
!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...

Upvote 0

Hi to all,

Changelog:
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Regards

Update:

Hi stane,
Ready to try newest firmware. Should the upgrade be local through upgrade app or using reset and boot?
Eager to test wifi, wireless keyboard, 3G dongle and DVB-T.

Upvote 0

Hi to all,

Changelog:

Regards

Update:

:( Hello,

The incompatibility with wi-fi and the wireless keyboard remains.

I have try several channels for wi-fi, and keyboard always stops working.

As I have a cable net in my home, will the performance of Ethernet be improved?

Many thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi,
I checked the device and it showed f16ref like you said.

This is my device:

Media Box Google Android TV 4.0.4, ARM Cortex A9 1.2GHz, DDR3 1GB Ram, 4GB Flash, HDMI HD TV 1080P Wifi Internet Set-Top Box Media Player Black

Now, the device is stuck in "smart...smarter...v.play", help me please, what can i do to repair it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones