• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visson ATV-108 Google tv box: Ethernet handle

btbb76

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all!

My first post on this forum. :)
I have recently bought a Visson ATV-108 (google tv box) from china.
Now i'm making an app for it to serve me with movies, series, tv streams and music. This app will run in a kind of kiosk mode (user will not be able to get to main screen).

My problem is that when the users can't get to the main screen they can not get to setting either. What i want to do is to be able to turn ethernet connection on and off i my app.

I know how to turn on and off gps, wifi and bluetooth and so on. But ethernet is not available on regular phones so how do i turn on and off ethernet?

is ethernet = gprs?

//btbb

Hi all!

My first post on this forum. :)
I have recently bought a Visson ATV-108 (google tv box) from china.
Now i'm making an app for it to serve me with movies, series, tv streams and music. This app will run in a kind of kiosk mode (user will not be able to get to main screen).

My problem is that when the users can't get to the main screen they can not get to setting either. What i want to do is to be able to turn ethernet connection on and off i my app.

I know how to turn on and off gps, wifi and bluetooth and so on. But ethernet is not available on regular phones so how do i turn on and off ethernet?

is ethernet = gprs?

//btbb

Hi,

no, ethernet is in api defined as separate network interface. Which android do you use?

UPDATE: I just checked how it's handled in OOBE utility... You won't be able to do it from your code that way... You're missing android.net.ethernet namespace which is amlogic specific.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones