Visual voice mail

Last Updated:

1. Travisp6

Travisp6 Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed that when I listen to voicemails through visual voicemail they sound scratchy, quite, computerized or fuzzy:mad:, but when I go to the phone and dial my voicemail the sound quality is great, loud and clear!

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. Travisp6

FYI-
    I did check for the upgrade in voicemail and there was not one. (got that idea from another thread). This seems really odd and wonder if I should just call my voicemail everytime rather than using the poor quality visual app on the Hero?

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I've noticed a slight difference in quality. I'm guessing because its sent on demand or what not its an audio file generated from the voice mail and to save on bandwidth/space on phone they scale it down.

personally I could care less. i'm not listening for the proper tone or pitch in my voicemails. If I can understand the message it saves the dialing and password bit.

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I don't have problems with sound quality. Although I had a problem a couple of days ago when my wife left me a voicemail and when I checked it, it was some lady talking about her day. The number was correct and had her name on the visual voicemail. But it was someone else. I just hope no one gets our voicemails by accident (they can get pretty raunchy). :)

5. daman7676

daman7676 Well-Known Member

I always had this idea that visual voicemail meant transcribed voicemail like at&t. Does anyone know if Sprint will ever do something like that?

6. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I was told a while back that Sprint doesn't do it citing privacy. I believe google transcribes voicemail.

7. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member

i've noticed that too. It sounds tinny and hollow. It's no big deal bc it is still very listenable, but yeah I have noticed it.

8. deryn

deryn Well-Known Member

Visual Voicemail, Google Voice... whats the difference really when you can use your number OR another number? A lot of Verizon users that have to pay for VVM take the GV route

9. Travisp6

I find it annoying, because it IS harder to hear the message. I was watching the Vikes game in a bar and couldn't make out what was being said, but when I went to call my number and use the "old school" way, I could hear it just fine. Seems like a crap app...