Visual Voice Mail??General

Last Updated:

1. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I pre-ordered late last night/early am. I did not sign up for Visual Voice Mail. It is only $2.99 per month. I wasn't sure if I'd need it or even use it. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

it's not that special. but saves time from having to dial your voicemail. from my understanding it's the best of it's kind. it's not worth the money for some ppl. there are apps on the market but haven't tried them. note that, if you hate things running in the background visual voicemail will demand to be run in the background all the time. this is because it wants to be able to notify you immediately after you get a voice message. but i dont think the incredible will have problem handling extra background applications. i added it because it's only 1.49 for me.

radworm likes this.
  3. WVULing

WVULing Well-Known Member

I had it for a while on my BB Storm and there were issues with it connecting, etc. There is an app called youmail which allows you to get visual voicemail on your phone and web should that be something you like. I downloaded it for Storm and like it so far. It will greet your callers by name, etc. Best part. IT IS FREE!!! Haven't had any issues with it. Hoping a version is available on my new Incredible.

radworm likes this.
  4. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

just use google voice. it may not be as good as verizon's VVM but it doesn't cost you a monthly fee either

radworm likes this.
  5. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

I set this up last night and it actually works pretty well. The voice to text transcription makes for some funny messages but it's still pretty handy.

6. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

Got any tips for getting an invite? :eek:

7. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

there is a thread floating around here where people were giving out invites.

search for the google voice thread

8. Mike_B

Mike_B Well-Known Member

Ask nicely :) and PM me your email addy. I have 1 invite left.

9. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed the Visual Voicemail feature on Sprint's Hero. Its just like any other app that you tap on to access your voicemail mp3-style.

However, I don't think I'll give Verizon $3 extra per month for it. Too bad they don't give it to you free like Sprint.

10. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member

I have used YouMail for a few years now and it's great. The best part is that it's FREE. Don't pay Verizon for something that you can get for FREE.

radworm likes this.