• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Visual Voicemail Anyone?

what do you use it for? you don't seem to like the idea of Visual Voice Mail, which is what I use it for. I know it does other things but I've never experimented. My friend said something about having an extra number or something?
ive always had it for the extra number, and some free calls.
i have that same habit. my friends hate it, haha. my mom REALLY hates it. :D
yeah, my mom and wife really hate it too haha

Upvote 0
I love GV. It's free and it's getting better and better. When I first began using it in April when I got my Dinc, the text of the VM was so inaccurate about 60% of the time that you had to use it to listen to the VM rather than read it. I'd say it's close to about 20% of the time that I am forced to listen rather than just read it. I've even signed my son up with a GV account for his Chocolate Touch.

Upvote 0
Is Verizon's paid VVM (or iPhones' for that matter) any more accurate? I havent had GV properly transcribe a message since I became a member.

I don't understand seeing as their voice-to-text feature on android is impeccable (99% of the time).

probably because you purposefully enunciate properly when you use voice-to-text while people leaving you a voice mail don't know they're going to be transcribed by GV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones