• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Visual VoiceMail (boost)

After you installed it, did you create a shortcut to it or try starting it from the app drawer?

I think after the first time you install it, it needs to set up some settings like adding it self to the sync list and such.

Also what version of sense does your EVO 3D have? Perhaps there is some sense specific apps on the Design that needs to be present on the EVO 3D for the voice mail app to work. (mainly look for sense related apks that are not installed on the EVO 3D but are installed on the Design)

If your Evo 3D has a different version of sense on the phone then the Design, then this won't be the fix for you.

Upvote 0
When I got my Design I also got a new voicemail from Boost's end. Now when somebody calls it says something to the effect "you have reached the Sprint voicemail of the subscriber...". What I am saying is that probably the the app is just half of the story, the voicemail on the carrier's side needs to be configured properly as well.

Upvote 0
Voicemail and Visual Voicemail are two different things from the carrier's end, and that's where it matters.

You'll never get Visual Voicemail on a flashed phone... unless your donor phone has Visual Voicemail.

Normal voicemail notification is a boolean marker on a certain band. Visual Voicemail comes in through your data network (3g/4g) and is not a marker at all.

Your best bet is to go about pulling the phone.apk from your phone and getting it modified to look for the marker. The phone.apk has to be for the exact software version that you're using. How do you go about doing it? IDK.

Or get a donor that uses Visual Voicemail.

Upvote 0
I would assume most users who port a better phone to Boost would use the Design as a donor. That's assuming they care at all at trying to get 4G to work. :p

Though I'm pretty sure the newer LTE phones won't work on Boost's 4G network since Boost is only on the WiMaxx system. Unless LTE phones are backwards compatible to the WiMaxx system?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones