visual voicemail download??

Last Updated:

1. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since I rooted I cannot find the program to get visual voicemail on my Verizon Droid. Any help??

Advertisement
  2. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

voice.google.com

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

That is Google Voice. Visual VM is a verizon app and service that basically lets you see, forward, save, etc VM.

I had this problem once and it was due to the app being installed in system/app. I just deleted that file, rebooted, and then downloaded from the market.

Kratos

4. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

I would love to try VVM but I am not going to fork over even more money for the ability to use that program.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

though I would generally agree.. I actually ran the #'s one time in the beginning and found that for as much time as we spend checking voice mails - calling in, listening, deleting, replaying, etc - I could save money by having VVM as I spent more time then the $2.99 per month fussing about and calling my VM and wasting my minutes.

as well, I have the side bonus of playing the VMs I want to play in the order I want, skipping some, saving some, archiving, etc.

DLM and kratos like this.
  6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

My favorite part is that I can forward the VM to myself or a friend/family member. I usually use this feature for when I have important VM's that I want to keep for more than the (?90 days?) that Verizon usually allows them to be saved.

Kratos

7. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

heck, you could also grab them off the phone via something like Root Explorer as well just FYI. I have a few I have snatched off the phone to my computer then deleted off the phone doing this.

personally, I think VVM is the shizzznit, I will never go back to old school VM again. Now, that does not mean VZW's VVM app is the shizznit - hell, it even kinda sucks - but it does work and I can do the things I want and save some money (by saving minutes) so really, it works for me.

DLM likes this.
  8. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Were you not able to search for it on Android Market? Make sure you search for "Visual Voice Mail" (3 words)

DLM likes this.
  9. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep thats exactly it, voice mail is two seperate words. I did get it earlier before work, but thanks for the replies