visual voicemail issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. dwall1212

dwall1212 Member This Topic's Starter

my visual voice mail is not working at all never updates when i get new voice mails does anyone know a remedy for this issue?!

Advertisement
  2. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

what version are you on? my current version is:

VN.5.0.0.38

3. dwall1212

dwall1212 Member This Topic's Starter

thats my current version but it hasnt really worked since the cl14 update and visual voicemail force closes when i turn on my phone

4. ALooneyGuy

ALooneyGuy Member

Do you happen to have Sportstap installed?

5. souljah335

souljah335 Well-Known Member

I had that problem once. As I recall, the only way to fix that issue is to do a restore. In any case that is what worked for me, and I hope it helps you out as well

6. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

7. ColdStart

Have you tried Sportstap under the new 2.1 official release?

8. cephraim

cephraim Well-Known Member

Keeps FCing on me.

ColdStart likes this.
  9. Goosemoose

Goosemoose Member

Same here. Either takes 20 seconds to come up for I have to force close. Tried turning off pictures, didn't help. Reinstalled 2.1 three times with no luck.

10. Goosemoose

Goosemoose Member

Any ideas? Problem is just getting worse as more voicemails pile up. This update is junk.

11. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

not sure if this applies to you, but I would have issues of notifications of mail and voicemails not dissapearing, along with some voicemails not even downloading... this would happen ONLY in 1x areas, and as soon as I was back in a EVDO area again, all was good... like I said, not sure if this applies to you, but it might be something to look into...

Joey

12. Goosemoose

Goosemoose Member

Unfortunately being in an EVDO area doesn't help. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm not using SportsTap either.

13. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

The latest VVM build shall be V.5.1.0.24. This build shall work with SportsTap app. You may need to clear the old data before reinstalling the APK again. Go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Voicemail and clear the data.

If it still doesn't work, bring up the Voicemail Settings menu and tab on the "About Voicemail" and send them a feedback.

14. ColdStart

You use words such as "latest build shall be V.5.1.0.24 & shall work with SportsTap". does this mean that this build is not available yet? Also, where is the APK to reinstall?

15. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

My visual voicemail wasn't working when I first got my Moment. Did a restore and it started working. Of course it wiped out all my texts and apps but it was worth the minor inconvenience.

16. ColdStart

I finally re-installed SportsTap following the official 2.1 upgrade and both Voicemail & SportsTap seem to be working OK.

17. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I will look. Instinct users used to have a send a text to sprint voicemail server or something that would reset it. I will see if I cna find it. I had to once with my instinct as well. Restore is the last resort to make it work for sure.

Ha Found it. Here are the instructions. I haven't had the issue yet but try this and see if it works.

work for sprint advance tech support just goto your voicemail icon and click the + sign to send a voicemail, send a voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com.... that is v v m ...

18. Instinct User

Thanks for the Instinct tip! The visual voicemail wasn't working on my wife's Instinct and I was going to reset it until I saw your tip. I followed your instructions and now all the voicemails she wasn't getting are now coming through.

19. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Your welcome! I am glad I could help. I wonder if this is working for anyone with a moment as well?

20. Instinct User

I would like to know if it works on the Moment as well. It was a lot easier than having to wipe the whole phone like I did.

21. Jennyb124

Jennyb124 New Member

Hello! I desperately need help with my Evo phone. My visual voicemail won't open. The force close comes up so I can't get into the application. The data is still there, but I can't get to it. My fianc