• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Visual Voicemail Notification

when you get the notification from Handcent, reply to the message (with anything....just send a reply). You will most likely end up getting something back saying "blah blah blah, number won't accept replys". disregard this. Go to the message that you replied to, the one that notified you of the voicemail, hold your finger on it to bring up the on screen menu and choose blacklist. You will now blacklist this "sender" i.e. the voicemail text notification and will not receive it anymore, but your regular voicemail notification will still work as designed.

Thank you so much for your help. This was annoying me so much, and you fixed it!

Upvote 0
when you get the notification from Handcent, reply to the message (with anything....just send a reply). You will most likely end up getting something back saying "blah blah blah, number won't accept replys". disregard this. Go to the message that you replied to, the one that notified you of the voicemail, hold your finger on it to bring up the on screen menu and choose blacklist. You will now blacklist this "sender" i.e. the voicemail text notification and will not receive it anymore, but your regular voicemail notification will still work as designed.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Nice- thanks.

Upvote 0
Agreed, the voicemail quality is absolutely horrible. I think it uses the lowest quality sound encoding possible, for whatever idiotic reason. Let us control it, HTC.
HTC doesn't have anything to do with the control on this one and honestly there's not any reason for Sprint to let us control it. The lower the encoding the less bandwidth and storage is used. If you chose a higher bitrate/different codec you end up with choppy sound over worse connections. The sound is a bit tinny but the stream has been near perfect all the way down to one bar for me. The storage required to handle this is probably not trivial either. So as far as application performance and technical issues the only answer is to use a low quality, likely mono, encoding. You can always call and check your VM for better sound quality so there are at least options.

Upvote 0
My vm is stuck on the upgrade downloading. Can't cancel or go back, can get back home though. Tried to power off and back on, same result.
Tried with WiFi connection, no luck.
Also have install from other sources turned on, or whatever that option is.

If I have to factory reset will sync save my apps? Better question, what will I lose?

Upvote 0
My vm is stuck on the upgrade downloading. Can't cancel or go back, can get back home though. Tried to power off and back on, same result.
Tried with WiFi connection, no luck.
Also have install from other sources turned on, or whatever that option is.

If I have to factory reset will sync save my apps? Better question, what will I lose?
You'll have to grab your apps from Market again. Paid apps shouldnt need to be paid for again, as they should be tied to your gmail account.

Assuming you have synced with the cloud, you will just need to enter your gmail info, facebook, twitter, aim, msn and yahoo account info. Provided you use them. Your contacts should be retrieved right after putting in your gmail info. Always a good idea to check and insure your contacts are save in gmail first though.

Upvote 0

Wow good thinking. I can't believe I hadn't Thought of that earlier +1 rep for you and your cleverness

Upvote 0
after 1 day, my visual voicemail has stopped working. I have to call in to get my messages and they do not appear on my phone. My phone does not give me an indicator that i have a message either, only a missed call.

Any ideas? I have the most recent "upgrade"

i know im late but this might help because i was having the same exact problem on ur phone go 2 vm then hit menu then hit compose then where it says the word TO type in activate@vvm.sprint.com then as soon as u hit record hit stop after that hit send and u should start seeing ur voice mails it worked 4 me 100%

Reactions: LifeguardSteve
Upvote 0
i know im late but this might help because i was having the same exact problem on ur phone go 2 vm then hit menu then hit compose then where it says the word TO type in activate@vvm.sprint.com then as soon as u hit record hit stop after that hit send and u should start seeing ur voice mails it worked 4 me 100%

THANK YOU!!!!! This completely worked for me!!!!!:D:D:D

Upvote 0

Don't know how you found it, but it worked for me as well. You rock!

Upvote 0
Make sure your Mobile Network is hot. Are you able to browse the Web and use the SMS messaging? This VVM is using the same mechanism.

yes everything (data wise) works fine I just can't get VVM to work I even tried re-flashing it. How do I uninstall it? So I can start from scratch on it.

Oh, and sending the message to activate@vvm.sprint.com, I finally got an error message this afternoon, 24 hours after originally sending the message

Upvote 0
Bring up the Compose screen and send yourself one voice message(enter your mobile# and tap send). Does this message show up? Or it stucks in the Undelivered screen?

1) If it stucks in the Undelivered screen, it will retry at later time. If your handset data session is gone, it will stuck there. Can tap on "Retry Sending all" from the menu.

2) If your composed message shows up in your VVM, then your account is properly activated.

3) If your composed message has sent out but received nothing. Then something is wrong with your account. Need to check with Sprint's customer care or compose another "activation" message to trigger their Server.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Reactions: EricGlaser
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones