Visual voicemail on FlyX

Last Updated:

1. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to get visual Voicemail back after installing FlyX. I installed the build.prop file on rom manager. Not sure where to either download it or change it back to an apk.

Advertisement
  2. Pointguard1122

Pointguard1122 Well-Known Member

Are you using the $3 per month Verizon app?

3. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

change ro.HorizontalVVM=True to ro.HorizontalVVM=false in build.prop

According to _mrbirdman_'s tweet. This should enable you to download/install (and work) from Market

4. SimsDelt

Yes. Im using the 2.99 app.

5. majorcovert

majorcovert Well-Known Member

Use google Voice. Have your voicemail routed to your google voice box and save yourself $2.99

6. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

+1 Google Voice is so much better and it's free! Even if you only use Google Voice for voicemail, it's great. However, if you're willing to give everyone a new phone number to call you with, it's even better!

7. Pointguard1122

I may be in the minority, but I really like YouMail. It is free and works as good as any visual voicemail I have used. The only drawback is you have to pay if you want the voice to text feature.

8. SimsDelt

I just like having the integrated verizon visual voicemail. I've liked it for a while, and I don't mind paying the 2.99 for it.

9. Pointguard1122

Coming from ATT and an iphone I didn't like the idea of paying for something that has been free for the past 3 years, but I couldn't go back to traditional voicemail either. I might try Google Voice eventually, but this is working great for now.

10. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

To answer your original question, you should be able to download Visual Voicemail from the Market in the Verizon section.

Regarding integration, Google Voice's voicemail has a notification setting that makes it pretty easy to get voicemails. You just pull down the notification and click on it. And of course, Google will (attempt) to translate the voicemail into text, allowing you to get an idea what the voicemail says without actually listening to all of it first.

Also, it fully integrates with your phone so you don't have to do anything different once you set GV as your default voicemail. You also have a record of every voicemail you've received if you go to Google's website at www.google.com/voice.

Did I mention you can do free text messaging with Google Voice? ;) Of course, that would require using your Google Voice phone number, whereas voicemail does not have that requirement.

At least give it a try and maybe you'll like it and save yourself the $3/mo!

11. madAdam

madAdam Well-Known Member

Yes, you can download the VVM app, but it will not run unless you change the build.prop file as noted above. You will get a message saying that VVM is installed on your device, please uninstall the downloaded app.

To run the VVM app from the market, you must edit the build prop file:

Change:
    ro.HorizontalVVM=True
    To:
    ro.HorizontalVVM=false

Once you edit the file, reboot and VVM will launch.