Visual Voicemail Problems

1. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

I'm having some serious issues with Visual Voicemail on my Droid. I get calls, miss them and people leave me VMs. I can see that I have them, I know what numbers they're coming from, but I can't listen to them. They won't download from the server. I thought I was out of space or something, so I deleted all of my stored VMs, but they still won't download. What is going on??? It's really becoming frustrating because some of these could have been critical VMs that I need to listen to.

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I was having this problem with the new update as well. However, I have found that the problem is being caused by the storage location. Make sure you have the storage location under settings set to internal memory and NOT external memory. It should start working just fine again.

If it doesn't, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. This will erase all of your settings and messages and force you to put in your password again, but should clear the error.

Just make sure you are saving to internal memory and NOT external memory.

Kratos
  3. mburnham4002

mburnham4002 New Member

The problem is being fixed in Verizon Data support as we speak. My visual voicemail is doing the same since I updated to 2.0.1. I wouldnt have deleted your stored VMs because now they are deleted. We just have to wait for the issue to be fixed.
  4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I got visual voicemail when I first got my droid, but I dropped it shortly after trying google voice voicemail. It is better and free.
  5. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

+1
  6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I have both but use the Verizon VVM.. have you seen a good set of directions for setting up the Google Voice option? an online tutorial?

Once you set up Google Voice and use their VM, you can cancel the 2.99 per month, yes?

BTW, the VZW VVM app has always sucked. can't stop in mid play, no FF or RW with the timeline, no pause, have to manually saved them - long press > save - to keep VMs, crappy speaker phone usage, cant get out of speakerphone mode...
  7. aaron19953

yes, cancel that verizon crap.. setting up is easy, you go into your google voice settings (on a computer) and theres an option to have google voicemail on the phone.. you call a number on your phone, and viola, you're done.. basically what you are doing is telling verizon to "auto forward" non answered calls to google..

-=<> aaron <>=-
  8. Lock-N-Load

anyone have a link to good, current, up to date directions
  9. aaron19953

10. Lock-N-Load

yes, I know can I google... :rolleyes:

and have.... but wanted to see if people here use a specific set of current directions as not all directions are created equally