Visual Voicemail Services?General

Last Updated:

1. MedfordMan

MedfordMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need some help with the various visual voicemail services. I've done some searches and can't find what I'm looking for. All I want is to have my voicemails transcribed and available to be read, or even sent to an email or text or whatever.

What is the best service? Google Voice? Youmail? Will I have to change my outgoing message to set up the service? (in other words, will it affect those people calling me? Will they be able to tell?)

Finally, if I buy a Google Voice Invite, can I JUST use the visual voicemail feature? I have no need for the other features it offers.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

I've been very happy with youmail and they just issued s nice android client update.

3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

I just setup google voice paired with my current mobile number. Basically just takes over for your verizon voicemail and give you exactly what you are looking for.

MedfordMan likes this.
  4. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I you Youmail and I haven't had any issues with it. Great service, Free and customizable.

5. khaos

khaos Member

+1 on google voice. Google is undeniably the best translator/transcription/voice to text software I have ever used.

MedfordMan likes this.
  6. MedfordMan

MedfordMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I just bought an invite and set up Google Voice. Pretty cool. Still trying to make sure I change over all of the speed dials/short cuts to the old *86 number.

Is there a way to put a google voice widget/short cut ont the screen? I've seen others with the cloud style shortcut/widget, but I can't seem to find it.

7. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

+1 for youmail, except that they need to change the notification icon color for those of us with sense (it's black and almost impossible to see). i emailed their support and they've already opened a ticket on it...

8. Andoug

Andoug Well-Known Member

Have any of the YouMail users tried their transcription services? If so how well does it work?

9. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Should be out there. I downloaded it from the market after i set up my voicemail.

10. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I got youmail and I love it! I have not tried transcibing service yet though. No more *86 yahoo!