Visual VoicemailSupport

Last Updated:

1. knowquarter

knowquarter Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Yall,

Ordered my DX on Friday, phone is currently in route and will be in my hands tomorrow via Fed Ex.

One question - visual voicemail isn't a free feature with Verizon!? I'm coming from AT&T and iPhone, never had to pay for visual voicemail. I called into VZW they said it's a $2.99/month add-on, really?

Who uses VVM and who doesn't?

I know there was an app for the Incredible that would push your voicemails so you can boot the app and use it just like VVM, any good ones for the X?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. reddog187

reddog187 Member

I would use Google Voice. Syncs very nicely with Android and that's half the reason to be using Android/Google. :) Also it's free

3. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

If you don't want to use google voice you can also use YouMail. I think it's lame Verizon charges for visual voicemail too, as AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint all give you the feature for free.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Google voice is WAY better and free. There is so much more that GV does than just voice mail. GV is the reason I will never own anything other than android regardless of what phones come out in the future.

5. knowquarter

knowquarter Member This Topic's Starter

I already have a google voice account so that will help, good to hear there is a way to avoid VZW's charges for VVM. Thanks!

6. Dissentologist

Dissentologist Well-Known Member

I'd pay $10 to use GV before I gave Verizon $3 extra... but don't tell google.

Make sure you go online and deselect receive txt msg notifications for voicemail, so you don't get double notifications.

7. chrlswltrs

Same here, google voice is worth paying for, but that is one of the great features that makes android so great.

8. msimanyi

msimanyi Member

When you use Google Voice, does it play over a Bluetooth earpiece or only over the handset? That's my gripe with Visual Voicemail - it's not a "phone audio" event, so it plays on the handset. Mike

9. chrlswltrs

I'll try it over my bluetooth today and let you know

10. chrlswltrs

Just tried it, google voice did not play through my car blue tooth

11. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

12. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

Not wanting to hijack but is there a way to forward your verizon number voicemails to your gv inbox????

Thanks in advance!

13. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

Only thing I have wondered about is, does it take minutes when the call is in your voicemail box since you are forwarding the call.

14. chrlswltrs

When you set up gv on your phone there is a step to use gv or your carriers voicemail, coose gv and the app will change the settings for you. If you already have gv set up on your phone and missed that step go to google.com/voice- > settings- > voicemail (i think) and enable gv voicemail on your phone, it will walk you through it from there. Gv handles all my voicemail even though i use my verizon# for everything.