Vital Root and OTA update question

Last Updated:

1. Dookert

Dookert New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Alright. Got an important question here that after a good while of google searches and a lot of reading has yet to be answered or solved. After I brought my rooted DINC 2.1 back to 2.1 stock I ran a manual 2.2 update and then ran unrevoked3 to root it again. Everythings working fine, except, the freakin OTA notifications keep going off the prescribed 30 minutes all day long. I am afraid that if I let this update go through that I will lose root (because this is what ive heard going around). The update I am speaking of is this new one, about 17.7 megabytes or something like that and I've heard it will disable root, but still tell you that the phone is rooted. I have been attempting to rename "/etc/security/otacerts.zip" to something different as to disable the OTA update notification, but I have to say I dont really know what file I should be going after to stop this BS! I have seen some say, just run the update and clockwork will cause it to fail but I'm not trying that unless multiple people with my phones build can corroborate this. Also, upon trying to rename "otacerts.zip" through ASTRO, I get "insufficient permissions" or something like that. I cannot figure out how to access these files by mounting the internal storage as a disk drive on my PC. Can someone please help with this situation? Ill be damned if Im losing control of being able to delete ridiculous apps like cityID, not being able to tether my phone that I already pay 75 dollars a month for, and generally not having control of something thats mine.

Advertisement