• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vivo Xplay 3S

Looks very highly specced, almost like a next generation. "11.1" surround sounds rather gimmicky. They don't even do that in theatres AFAIK. Don't know about the included streamed HD movies, not likely to be doing that too often on cellular data, unless you have a truly unlimited data plan(not in China) or are rich. There's already plenty of services in China streaming movies, some legal, some illegal. It's launched here first so it's not going to have any Google services on it and languages will be English and Chinese only, not until it's officially available elsewhere. It's got TD-LTE which is specifically for China Mobile only, as well as FDD-LTE which is for China Unicom, which I think is international as well. No CDMA version, which rules out China Telecom, and other non-Chinese CDMA carriers like Verizon. Vivo are a reputable, innovative and growing manufacturer AFAICT. Do they already have any international presence, are their phones officially available outside of China?

Will keep an eye out for it. Too large for my personal preferences though, but then so are the Samsung Notes.

Upvote 0
Can anyone till me if this Vivo Xplay 3S works on T-Mobile ? it carries the 2100MHz but not the 1700MHz...

One tech from T-Mobile said I will get 4g lte.. only is 2100MHz area .. and lets say said I'm not in the 2100MHz..will I still get H+ or any service to make calls ???

There not enough info on it, if it will works fine with T-mobile..and what that tech said for sure if I'm in 2100MHz area I will get 4g lte

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/vivo-Xplay-3S_id8248

Upvote 0
Can anyone till me if this Vivo Xplay 3S works on T-Mobile ? it carries the 2100MHz but not the 1700MHz...

One tech from T-Mobile said I will get 4g lte.. only is 2100MHz area .. and lets say said I'm not in the 2100MHz..will I still get H+ or any service to make calls ???

There not enough info on it, if it will works fine with T-mobile..and what that tech said for sure if I'm in 2100MHz area I will get 4g lte

vivo Xplay 3S specs

I would not recommend this phone for North America, in fact I wouldn't even recommend it outside of China. Now I know a some more about it and have had hands-on of it.. Phone hardware is good, it's mainly the firmware, which is a heavily customised version of Android called "Funtouch OS". One thing it's very China specific. Running Google services on it is not without it's problems apparently. And there's no custom ROMs available for it, like Paranoid or CM.

Another thing, it's actually the same company that makes Oppo phones, BBK Group, both their Funtouch OS and Oppo's Color OS are extremely similar, and can be rather buggy. But at least with Oppo, you have a choice of good custom ROMs available, and they do have international sales and service, Vivo don't have anything outside of China.

Upvote 0
I would not recommend this phone for North America, in fact I wouldn't even recommend it outside of China. Now I know a some more about it and have had hands-on of it.. Phone hardware is good, it's mainly the firmware, which is a heavily customised version of Android called "Funtouch OS". One thing it's very China specific. Running Google services on it is not without it's problems apparently. And there's no custom ROMs available for it, like Paranoid or CM.

Another thing, it's actually the same company that makes Oppo phones, BBK Group, both their Funtouch OS and Oppo's Color OS are extremely similar, and can be rather buggy. But at least with Oppo, you have a choice of good custom ROMs available, and they do have international sales and service, Vivo don't have anything outside of China.

Thanks Mike for the extra information :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones