VLC Media Player

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I just found VLC's media player in the Play store and noticed it states, "This item cannot be installed in your device's country." This is the first time I've seen this for a media player and just wondered why they are saying it. It doesn't make this claim for the PCs, not that I know of. I've installed it using Linux, Mac & Windows.

Any thoughts on this?

Thnx.

Advertisement
  2. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

Weird, i just get that its not available on any of my devices.
  3. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

It show that message but if you click the + sign to the right, I get the "cannot be installed in your device country" message.

Thnx.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Basically, its not available for your country because its not on the approved list for some reason. It's a Play Store limitation and has nothing to do with the desktop versions of the program
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but didn't want to start a whole new thread to ask about this. I went to download the most recent APK, from the VLC website, and had no problem installing. I went into the preferences for the app, to set the folders that I wanted videos identified, but that seemed to send the app into a looping crash, so I just uninstalled.

This was on my Galaxy Note 3. Can anybody tell me if I installed the correct apk? I installed the armv7 apk, which I was figuring to be the correct one.