• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vlingo problems

theresa liu

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
I've had an Incredible for about a week now, switched from a Blackberry Storm 2. Very happy with everything so far except for Vlingo. LOVED how it would read my emails to me out loud on the Blackberry. Can't get it to consistently work on the Droid. Sometimes Safereader will read emails sent to me, sometimes it won't. It's set to check for new emails every two minutes, but sometimes it'll read an email to me fifteen minutes after it's received by my phone, or sometimes before my phone retrieves it (which is set at every ten minutes) or sometimes not at all.

Any way to get Vlingo to consistently work? No luck for me on the Vlingo website. From doing a search on these forums it looks like many Droid users are having no problems with Safereader.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones