• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VM last day of the month problems

Yes! well sorta...this past month was the first month that I paid...my balance was due on the 9th, so I paid it the night of the 8th. After midnight I wasn't able to access data, and I noticed (via minutes checker app) that my balance that was $25.00 was going down and down and down. I called them the next day and I was like wtf why can't I use my data (by now my balance was down to like $15 lol) They said something like...because I paid too early and I didn't have my plan reset...when I called and paid on the 8th the guy asked me if I wanted my plan reset and I had no idea what he was talking about, so I said no lol.
What they told me to do is don't pay until the day it's actually due, then it will automatically reset?
I don't know haha I'm really confused. Hopefully it works ok this month 'cause luckily they were nice enough to put my balance back to $25...I guess it kept going down because I was technically in a pay per use thing or something.
Maybe someone who's more experienced with VM can help us both lol

Reactions: metalmayhem
Upvote 0
just happend to me. my due date is the first so i go online, pay my bill, a few hours later im getting the whole "you need to top up your account" text messages.

just got off the phone with customer service (who is very hard to understand btw) and they said my account should be reset and active within 15 minutes. we'll see how that ones goes.

Reactions: metalmayhem
Upvote 0
Yes! well sorta...this past month was the first month that I paid...my balance was due on the 9th, so I paid it the night of the 8th. After midnight I wasn't able to access data, and I noticed (via minutes checker app) that my balance that was $25.00 was going down and down and down. I called them the next day and I was like wtf why can't I use my data (by now my balance was down to like $15 lol) They said something like...because I paid too early and I didn't have my plan reset...when I called and paid on the 8th the guy asked me if I wanted my plan reset and I had no idea what he was talking about, so I said no lol.
What they told me to do is don't pay until the day it's actually due, then it will automatically reset?
I don't know haha I'm really confused. Hopefully it works ok this month 'cause luckily they were nice enough to put my balance back to $25...I guess it kept going down because I was technically in a pay per use thing or something.
Maybe someone who's more experienced with VM can help us both lol

Same thing just happened to me... I paid on the first yesterday and all day my data didn't work and eventually txt gave out because apparently when i topped-up, my plan wasn't reset so my txt's were draining my $25 in my account till it gave out.

thanks for the post in saved me some stress...First rep i called told me though luck, I have to pay again since I didn't restart the plan and it was my fault...next rep was more understanding and said oops looks like our system didn't restart the plan let me take care of that for you..5 minutes later she came back and my account was fixed...

Thanks again!:)

Upvote 0
Same thing just happened to me... I paid on the first yesterday and all day my data didn't work and eventually txt gave out because apparently when i topped-up, my plan wasn't reset so my txt's were draining my $25 in my account till it gave out.

thanks for the post in saved me some stress...First rep i called told me though luck, I have to pay again since I didn't restart the plan and it was my fault...next rep was more understanding and said oops looks like our system didn't restart the plan let me take care of that for you..5 minutes later she came back and my account was fixed...

Thanks again!:)

No problem!! I'm just glad I know I'm not the only one who had issues hhaha.
It's kind of a pain in the butt to have to "restart" our plan or whatever, but like what I said in a different thread, for what we pay for service, I have no problem doing it! lol!!
It's just kinda hard for me 'cause I like to pay things before they're due so I don't forget to pay them! Oh well, atleast with this, if I forget and am a day late, the phone will just shut off instead of charging me a late AND reconnect fee (like stupid AT&T lol)

Upvote 0
im on the phone with customer service right now, and my phone STILL is not working. the chick on the phone tried to strong arm me into paying another ten dollars saying the billing issue was a result of my actions. i was all like " O_O, my actions?! like paying my damn bill on time??!"

so shes been gone talking to her supervisor for a lil while now, awaiting approval to give me a credit. im not paying another cent to get my phone working. this is kinda ridiculous. if my bill is due on the first, and i pay my bill on the first, shouldnt my phone work for the rest of the month? just call me crazy...

Upvote 0

Greetings:

If your autopay fails, it will prompt you to log in and process payment.
Doing this will also reset your payment due date to match the same date
for the *next* month.

My payment failed during inital auto payment. When I logged in and
updated my credit card info, not only did it process the payment at
that time, but the system stated that the next auto payment would
be attempted on 3/1 rather then the earlier sign up date from the
month before.

I hope my answer isn't too confusing.

Cheers! :D

Upvote 0
This is what it says in my account. Should i pay it on the 13 or before ? This is my first month.

2utg4sg.jpg

Upvote 0
Well today is the same date where it says YOU WILL BE CHARGED ON but the box next to it normally says Pay Now now says Top-Up Now. I thought when you top-up your adding money for individual minutes or money for ringtones etc. There is an option on the right column that says Restart My Month Plan but when i hit continue it gives me an error and says to call..

Update.. I called them up and they did the transaction over the phone. I asked will i have to call live to pay the $25 next month and she said yes, :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones