VM LG Optimus Elite Bricked - PLEASE HELP!

1. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Yesterday I successfully rooted my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite. But only about half and hour afterwards, I ended up bricking it.

I've tried many guides to solve the problem, but nothing is working. I need some direct help, please help me! I need this solved possibly within the next two hours due to so much going on tonight, and if my parents find out that my phones is trashed then I'm in huge trouble.

Advertisement
  2. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

You can start by telling us what exactly you did to brick it and what you tried to fix it. ;)
    Did you happen to install a custom recovery and make back-up when you rooted?
  3. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

I did make a back-up. What happened was I went to install the Beat Audio Drivers, which is when I went ahead and did the back-up. After it finished, I went ahead and installed it, which then it notified me that my phone needed to reboot. So I reboot my phone, except it sat there with a blank screen and the softkeys constantly on.

After ten minutes, I pulled the battery. Now, when I attempt to turn on my phone, its sits there with the LG logo.

What I did to try and solve this was follow this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/elite-all-...phone-using-official-tools-dll-bin-files.html

But I had no luck.
  4. SulkyAndroid17

If you did the smart thing and installed a recovery and made a back-up, then hold Power + volume down. If that doesn't work try adding the home button into that combo. Let us know if you get into recovery or not.
  5. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Ok, I tried both but still had no luck.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If you did perform a nandroid backup, then all you really need to do is to boot into custom recovery and restore it. With the phone off, hold the volume down and power buttons until the LG screen appears, the release the power button only. You should boot into CWM recovery shortly. Then use the volume keys to navigate and power to select (I think that's right on LG phones). When you got to backup/restore>restore you should see your last backup listed. restore that and it should reboot just the way it was before you had problems.
  7. SulkyAndroid17

Power + volume down
    Power + volume down + home

If the above doesn't work you can try booting into recovery through adb.

You're postive you installed CWM? You said you made a back-up but is it a nandroid back-up made under CWM?
  8. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Well, I can confirm it wasn't through Clockword mod. I apologize, I'm not really sure what I'm doing.
  9. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

I've tried all the combos. I managed to get into the Android System Recovery menu, but I had no luck there.
  10. SulkyAndroid17

Without a custom recovery you won't be able to flash a ROM to fix your device. But It's alright. We'll move on to plan B. This way is a bit harder to setup though.

If adb is able to see your phone, then we should be able to get the recovery installed. You'll need to install the Android SDK first and then setup adb.
    Android SDK | Android Developers
    Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers
  11. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

OK, I've got the SDK installed and it's now loaded. Now how do I setup the adb?
  12. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Do I have to connect my phone in download mode or something?
  13. SulkyAndroid17

14. lunatic59

Not to derail this too much, but have you tried the LG Mobile support tool?

LG VM696 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

(under software updates and drivers)

It does have a recovery option, which will probably put you back to stock. You'll also need to install the drivers first if you haven't done so yet.
  15. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

I have the drivers installed. I'm going to try out this recover option, will update when possible.
  16. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Ok, it's running now.
  17. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

OK, it didn't work. It requires that my phone actually be turned on, which I cannot do.
  18. SulkyAndroid17

Well, there's still hope with ADB if you want to try.
  19. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

I will try it...and if it doesn't work, will I have to send my phone to Virgin Mobile for a replacement?
  20. lunatic59

21. SulkyAndroid17

There's a chance virgin won't replace it. Because rooting voids warranty and along with it the ability to replace your phone. So you would need to hope they don't check that's its rooted.

If you can manage to get ADB setup then we should be able to flash a Clockwork Mod and you can flash a ROM to fix this. If Lunatic's above method doesn't get you back then I think you're about out of options.
  22. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Ok, as for the adb setup, I have a point of confusion. While editing the path in 'System Variables', I have to add the path of which adb is located. Does this seem like it would be the correct path?

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.713\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130219\sdk\platform-tools\adb
  23. SulkyAndroid17

24. DjRedHadouken

DjRedHadouken Member

Ok, got it setup. Now what's the next step?
  25. SulkyAndroid17

Alright, open a command prompt.

Then type cd c: \(the name of the folder) I think you can just drag and drop the folder you installed it too instead of typing the name.

Then, type: adb devices
    Did your phone pop up?