VM MSG: Network upgrade - Now no ServiceGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-25 18:02:49
  1. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Here in S.W. Lower MI, I have received no emails or texts saying anything. But at the same time, my service has not been interrupted. It's been the same old lousy service as always. All that may be 4g related since we don't have 4g in my area.

Advertisement
  2. Jargin

Jargin Well-Known Member

Also received this message and 3G is working again (no 4G here to test). BTW I'm S-Off and hboot 1.04; no need to revert to receive the update.
  3. optimusv45

optimusv45 Well-Known Member

its not a update, thats just what they call it .... if anything this is a downgrade...
  4. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

Yep - mines all back too :) I got another 'Update Complete' message box and then 3g kicked back-in.

Thanks all.
  5. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Mine still isn't back. :banghead:
  6. justin654

justin654 Active Member

Still Nada here. This is bs
  7. technutt1994

technutt1994 Well-Known Member

Since your 3g is back, did you notice any difference?
  8. mikelbourne

mikelbourne New Member

Moline Illinois still no data
  9. Andrejs5

Andrejs5 Member

I received the so called upgrade over the weekend here in suburbs of Philly. I have my 3G back but no 4G. Could this be the end of WiMAX?
  10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

No, Sprint has a contract through 2015, they are also in the process of buying Clear wire. :D
    OB
  11. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues here in the Midwest.
  12. Glenn54

Glenn54 Member

No service and error code 67 in Maryland :mad:
  13. aml1025

aml1025 Well-Known Member

Did everyone who is having data errors receive the text message that the system upgrade is complete? I never got the message, and haven't had any errors, but seeing all the comments here and on Facebook is getting me worried. It looks to be a problem specifically affecting the EVO.

From what I understand, people's accounts are being migrated to Virgin Mobile's new system, and that's when they get the text message, and when the problems start. I'm hoping that Virgin Mobile stopped moving accounts until they fix the errors... but the Social Media team is pretty tight-lipped right now.

What a mess! I keep checking on Facebook to see if things are getting better, only to read more and more complaints.
  14. OverByter

It's probably affecting the S2 also, there's just a lot fewer of them, it's because Virgin is migrating WiMAX from Sprints servers to their own so that they can begin tracking and throttling 4G. :rolleyes:
    OB
  15. 1982srich

1982srich Member

Same problem here in central Indiana... no 3g or 1x... there is no 4g in this state so I have no idea about it... I have WiFi so I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for no picture messaging.... time to sell this turd and go to straight talk I guess....
  16. OverByter

Yeah ST and every other carrier never has service outages when upgrading the equipment. :rolleyes:
    OB
  17. optimusv45

optimusv45 Well-Known Member

i hope more people will leave
  18. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

My phone was showing the "roaming charges may apply" prompt, even though I was in my home area, for several hours this morning. It was even asking me if I wanted to apply data to "this trip." :rolleyes:

Haven't seen it for a while.
  19. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

HTC EVO V 4G never got the txt message . Im on stock ROM just got the phone a week ago everything was working good up until Saturday night sunday morning woke up to ERROR CODE 67 now 3g not working im in Cali 4g works calls and text but no 3G its now day 3 with no 3g called VM like 12 times they 'escalated' my issue 4 times already still no 3g and error code 67
  20. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately yes. I could easily get 4g before the 'upgrade' - haven't had it once since :mad:
  21. Andrejs5

Andrejs5 Member

Same here in Philly suburbs. Could easily get 4g at home and work before the upgrade, cannot connect now. I have a tech support ticket with VM. They said they will contact me within 3 days and provide status? Bright side 3g is working.
  22. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound good. At least they don't have us tied down to a contract
  23. dizzzydaniel

dizzzydaniel Active Member

I was on a jellybean rom and lost 3g, once I got the text that the upgrade was complete I had to flash back to harmonia and update profile / prl (may of not been necessary but I thought since I was on 60690 which is sprint based i'd switch over since VM has there own network now allegedly). Then service restored.
  24. thelamer

thelamer Member

I think I am in the same boat here, when you say update profile/prl can you be any more specific?

I am rocking g60's cm10, s-off 1.04, and the PRI, Radio, and Hboot from this thread http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ng-turning-your-phone-into-evo-3d-thread.html . (did not do PRL)
  25. Andrejs5

Andrejs5 Member

4g is still not back in service Philly burbs (Delaware County and Montgomery County). Waiting for VM Tech Support to respond to my ticket (see previous post). Btw pulled battery, updated profile and prl numerous times.