• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM MSG: Network upgrade - Now no Service

i have been having issues with the network also, i am on the east coast and i recieved several errors and texts from vm, including no data connection errors, texts saying its in progress, and a completion text, my data cuts in and out, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt my phone will also randomly drop data (3g), i dont have 4g where i am yet. it has been getting better little by little, and began on the 8th around 11 pm est.

Upvote 0
Well this sucks. I LOVED the phone when I could get 4g. I could get 4g 75% of the time in my area. It was 3x faster than my home DSL as a comparison. Since the 'upgrade' last week, I'm back to the sucky 3g speeds I had when I had my Triumph. My service is now like a 56K modem from the 90s. :(

I have driven around a 25 mile radius of mt home (Redmond, WA) and have not got 4g ONCE in 7 days of trying!

I have a gut feeling that 4g isnt coming back.

Upvote 0
Well this sucks. I LOVED the phone when I could get 4g. I could get 4g 75% of the time in my area. It was 3x faster than my home DSL as a comparison. Since the 'upgrade' last week, I'm back to the sucky 3g speeds I had when I had my Triumph. My service is now like a 56K modem from the 90s. :(

I have driven around a 25 mile radius of mt home (Redmond, WA) and have not got 4g ONCE in 7 days of trying!

I have a gut feeling that 4g isnt coming back.

Seattle had great 4G speeds when I was there

Upvote 0
I got a related (?) message in notifications- don't remember exactly what it said but it had to do with towers and mentioned Sprint.

I was in the process of making a backup of my One V (stock) before activating the replacement One V. ... so, I didn't click on anything, just went back to my task and figured the notification would show up again and I would deal with it then.

So far, no repeat of the notification.

Upvote 0
I too had great 4g speeds around and in Philadelphia. No more since the so called upgrade, more like a down grade. VM still hasn't contacted me like they said they would within 3 days. Looks like I'll have to spend another 2 hours on the phone for an ambiguous answer. Is 4g WiMAX gone for good? Next step, check the Sprint forums for any news.

Upvote 0
Not gone.... My brother who just bought this phone is running everything stock can connect to 4g though it's spotty and dl"s dont even reach 1mbps/s, while I who live in the same house and have had this phone since it came out and used to get 4g speeds of up to 10 mb/s can't even connect, it scans says connecting to Sprint then drops and scans again, I'm rooted s off running mobz ROM. When I first got the error 67 I was without data for four days, after reading some threads I reverted to an older version of the Rom to update profile and prl which gave me 3g back. I would guess they're working on it and maybe newer phone comes ready with something older ones didn't

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat a Zaxis, S-off Mobz ROM. no 4G anywhere for the last week. I'm in Atlanta 3g is spotty if I'm lucky feels like I'm running on dial up. VM Customer service sucks. 3 calls to those bastards 3 total hours on hold with that F#@king stupid music and got hung up on 3 times, wrote them an email and they Replied with. OH were sorry but It seems like your going to have to call back. AAUUHHHHH!!!! Did anyone else do the whole turn your phone in to a sprint Evo 3D. I'm wondering if that's the problem. I just know that I'm really tired of this sh#!. It might be time to switch carriers looks like VM is going to suck from now on. Anyone have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
UPDATE - Good news, 4g WiMAX is working in Philly suburbs. I decided to call VM about the status of my ticket, they were to contact me within 3 days, never happened. Anyway after almost another hour on hold and then troubleshooting VM Tech Support said the problem was with my permissions. Whatever Tech Support reset/changed/updated did the trick. 4g is working again. Best of luck all.

Upvote 0
UPDATE - Good news, 4g WiMAX is working in Philly suburbs. I decided to call VM about the status of my ticket, they were to contact me within 3 days, never happened. Anyway after almost another hour on hold and then troubleshooting VM Tech Support said the problem was with my permissions. Whatever Tech Support reset/changed/updated did the trick. 4g is working again. Best of luck all.

Glad you're up again. Do you remember the exact steps on the phone you did?

Upvote 0
good news here too!!! 4g is active for me in sothern cali,

what i did- reverted to a nandroid of stock rom, reverted radio and pri, never changed prl so didnt have to revert that, called in troubleshot w/ live advisor with no luck ( they had me go into my account app which i only saw on stock rom, it wasnt on harmonia fyi), transferred to tech support they had me pull battery as they reset my device on their side, after i powered up he told me to update prl but it wasnt needed 4g was already connected
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
VM had me pull the battery, while it was out they did something via their computers. It took about 3 minutes. I put the battery back in, turned on the phone, a message popped up, said something to the effect of service update (sorry I don't remember exactly, I clicked ok too quickly). I turned on 4g and it connected just fine. I didnt have to update profile or prl, only removed battery, they did all the rest. They said it was my "permissions". Remember a little over a week ago I lost 3g and 4g. Then a few days later 3g was restored, but not 4g. So if you experienced the same, it wouldn't hurt to ask about your permissions (hopefully that was really the issue like they said). Also I had a trouble ticket which elevated the tech support.

Reactions: drtishy
Upvote 0
VM had me pull the battery, while it was out they did something via their computers. It took about 3 minutes. I put the battery back in, turned on the phone, a message popped up, said something to the effect of service update (sorry I don't remember exactly, I clicked ok too quickly). I turned on 4g and it connected just fine. I didnt have to update profile or prl, only removed battery, they did all the rest. They said it was my "permissions". Remember a little over a week ago I lost 3g and 4g. Then a few days later 3g was restored, but not 4g. So if you experienced the same, it wouldn't hurt to ask about your permissions (hopefully that was really the issue like they said). Also I had a trouble ticket which elevated the tech support.
were you on a stock rom when you did that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones