1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

VM Policy Change for Grandfathering

1. Guian

Guian Well-Known Member

2. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

Yep got that text this morning. Looks like I may jump ship soon. I would have upgraded eventually with VM because at $25 a month, the price would be worth it. But if I have to move to $35 a month then T-Mobile might be the place to be. Only thing is 200 less minutes.
  3. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

am i gonna be the kid thinking "where did everybody go?" when everyone leavs to better plans/phones?
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

I'll still be here. If this phone dies I have a backup V
    don2775 and blmbmj like this.
  5. G19

G19 Well-Known Member

They're doing that cause they're about to release the HTC 4g phone
  6. a5pe4

a5pe4 Well-Known Member

Yea that's what I assumed. I was really thinking about getting that but forcing that price change would make me look for another option in upgrading.
  7. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

It's still less than half of what most other people pay for their smart phones.
    Seanette likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Guys,

I've moved this thread to the Virgin Mobile carrier area from Optimus V - All Things Root.

Cheers!
  9. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member

As long as my Little O V keeps on charging ahead, I'll remain here. This has been one heck of a phone and i don't plan on getting a new one any time soon. We have great developers and it seems that this phone will be supported for a while to come still. Also I don't have the cash to buy a new phone:D
    andid likes this.
  10. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I have no plans to leave VM. I'm on the $35/month plan, which is better than I can do just about anywhere else that isn't Tracfone (which I hate), especially since in my case, monthly fees are x2.
  11. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member

Oh well, surprised we were even grandfathered in to begin with..Comcast screws me once a year with raising my bill...ask about being grandfathered in and they tell you to go to hell!
  12. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Petrah, kangarooant and a5pe4 like this.
  13. kangarooant

kangarooant Well-Known Member

14. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

I'd switch to T-Mobile in a second if they would just up their plan to 300 minutes. I don't care if they raise it 5 bucks to match VM, I just can't go on 100 minutes.
  15. MRCMidnight

MRCMidnight Well-Known Member

T-Mobile has a feature called WiFi Calling, supposely it does what you think. My sister is on that network. I cannot conclude that this feature works as I don't own the phone to try.

~ Sent from a Potato using Tapatalk ~
  16. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

At least on the One S, this also counts toward your minute allowance. It is there to help you get coverage when you are in an area that has little/none, but has wifi.

You can use the non T-mobile wifi calling apps to do it without using minutes.
  17. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

You have to be on a contract to get free wifi calling... If you are on prepaid it count's towards your minutes.

Also not all T-mo phones have it. I do think that all or at least most newer T-mo phones do though.
  18. MRCMidnight

MRCMidnight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the inside info guys, i havent known until I saw the feature on the website. I told my sister to remedy the minutes with grooveip and google voice under a wifi connection at home. She has a Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-T898 (T-Mobile) that I suggested her. For me Ill wait on either the Galaxy Note or SIII.

~ Sent from a Potato using Tapatalk ~
  19. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

It uses your minutes on contract as well.