VM to sell Iphone 5

Last Updated:

1. metsfan99

metsfan99 Well-Known Member

Virgin Mobile today announced that it will sell the Apple iPhone 5 beginning June 28. Virgin will offer the 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models for $549, $649, $749, respectively. All models will be available in both black and white. The iPhone can be paired with one of Virgin's Beyond Talk plans, which start at $35 per month, though the price will drop to $30 per month if customers sign up for automatic payments. The 16GB model will be available online and in Virgin Mobile and RadioShack retail stores. The 32GB and 64GB versions will only be available online.

2. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

I can't effectively put into words how ridiculous those price points are.
  3. metsfan99

metsfan99 Well-Known Member

I agree with you completely. I only posted it, since it's new information. While, at $400, the S3 is still expensive, it is at least a much fairer price for, IMO a better phone.
  4. jose224

jose224 Well-Known Member

Yes ^O^
  5. Piznick64

Piznick64 Well-Known Member

although i'm an android guy, this is still huge news for VM
  6. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member Contributor

I can't wait, im buying 3
  7. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Why would you buy 3? Isn't that like an entire paycheck or more?
  8. FatalIll

FatalIll Well-Known Member

I think... I hope... he's being sarcastic. lol
  9. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Off topic but I wanted to post some math equations:
    (Android > iOS) == True
    (Thievery == iOS) == True
    (Play Store <= App Store) == True (Sad But True)
    SuperAfnan likes this.
  10. BackHandLegend

BackHandLegend Well-Known Member

These threads are not necessary. This is the Evo V thread. Even though the phone has two cores and is clocked at the same speed ours is it is still better being that it is a generation in technology ahead.
  11. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

If people are willing to pay that much, why are they with VM to begin with? For 35 a month they can have prepaid with T-Mobile (a far better carrier) with a G-Nex 4 (a far better phone) for a lot cheaper (when you consider the overall costs).
  12. nfs13epic

nfs13epic Well-Known Member Contributor

I paid $600 for my HTC one for Tmobile, although $600 for lagy service.... No Thank you. Might as well buy a HTC one and switch to Tmobile.
  13. AUCLABruin

AUCLABruin Active Member

Well, for you and I Android may be a better OS, but many others prefer an Iphone. My sisters, for one. I hate Apple and their stinking guts, but they have a reliable and sturdy OS, plenty of games, and seem to keep getting updates while many Android phones released during the same time are abandoned. I think VM has the Iphone at the cheapest price, so many people who may save up to buy it will look for the best deal. There are places where T-Mo coverage sucks, and VM/Sprint is ok, whoch is why they have such a market in the first place. It may not make too much sense in a T-Mo stronghold, but buying the Iphone 5 for VM is similar to me buying the S4 for T-Mobile for their prepaid plan. It all depends on people's taste, and any love to an MVNO is good in my eyes.
  14. notebooko

notebooko Well-Known Member

Tmobile has a 35 dollar plan? What are the plan details?
  15. 24twentysix

24twentysix Active Member

Its actually a $30/month plan, you get 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 5gb of unthrottled 4G data
  16. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Yep, it's what I'm on and it's great. And since its gsm, you can bring your own compatible device. I just choose a nexus 4 because it's a lot of phone for 350 and it stays updated by Google unlike most androids because it's a nexus. What could be better. :)
  17. ron scubadiver

ron scubadiver Well-Known Member

This is so off topic.
  18. miked6875

miked6875 Well-Known Member

My EVO V still is better even if the design is 2years old.
  19. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I've moved this thread to the Virgin Mobile area in the carriers section for you.

Petrah and Mikestony like this.
  20. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

21. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

That's all relative. I wouldn't accept a free G-Nexus 4 with T-Mobiles service..As it is inferior to Virgin Mobiles service where I live, Not to mention their customer service is beyond horrible. As I've said in the past, My experience doesn't speak volumes on T-Mobile's services on a whole..Just ones opinion against millions of others...

So at the end of the day, What you may think is great by experience, Someone else with the same experience will gauge it as a waste of money based on services they had.

To each their own, So buy what works best for yourself.
    skippy126 likes this.
  22. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I can barely fit all my MP3s on the G-Nex4. Not all users fit into the same cookie cutter mold. Do you actually get 16GB usable, or is it more like...16GB total for everything including the OS.

My new Galaxy S3 has 16GB of internal and there's only like 11GB usable out the box. My MP3 collection is over 8GB and growing every week, popping a 32GB card in there sure helps a lot. I wouldn't have much room left with the GNEX4. I would like to have one (specs look good on paper), but it's not the phone for me...google is big time on cloud storage...which I am 100% against. I don't like to rely on a connection to get my media.

The iPhones don't have removable memory, but they do at least have memory options...with 32 and 64 gig being the upper two options. While I don't like the lack of removable memory, at least there are options.