• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VM to T-mobile

D

Deleted User

Well recently my 3g speeds have been a joke and I've been researching into t-mobile. When I called their sales department the guy assured me that I would have 3g-2g at my house and 4g where I work and go to school. When I checked the map it says I only have 2g at both locations. How is t-mobile? What are some problems with them? Pros?Cons?

Thank you,
Eric

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I guess, first, I want to know what you are planning to do for a phone? My recommendation, if there aren't people you know who are using T-Mobile, is to make sure you get an unlocked phone (such as the Nexus 5). Then go ahead and sign up for the T-Mobile $30 plan and try it out; at worst you either have a month of poor data or you eat the $30.

The advantage of the unlocked phone is that you can then move to Gophone, AIO, or Straight Talk using AT&T's network and get solid service for a bit more a month.

Upvote 0
This is like the best conditions. Pretty sure this is like a 20 MHz setup.
hy4e7u9y.jpg

Edit: just checked, it's a 10x10 MHz set up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones