• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [VMOBI][BACKUP] 100% Stock Virgin Mobile Victory [07.04.2013]

Ok so I was having problems with my phone because I didn't have much storage, so yesterday my sd card came in so I started using it. At first it seemed like it fixed the problem until I tried installing asphalt 7, I got "insufficient storage space" errors so I thought about resetting my phone. So then again I did a reset on my phone thinking that it would fix the problem but it didn't so I thought about wiping the phone completely without backing up (yes i know HUGE mistake). I didn't think that it was a problem because i thought "well hey im restoring from this backup anyway. So I tried restoring from this backup and it doesn't work. I also tried installing victorious and it just stays stuck in the boot screen I even left it over night and it was still in the boot screen. I can't boot up my phone please help. Thanks

EDIT: I tried restoring from CWM but still no go, I went back to TWRP and now it doesnt even recognize my sd.

Upvote 0
Ok so I was having problems with my phone because I didn't have much storage, so yesterday my sd card came in so I started using it. At first it seemed like it fixed the problem until I tried installing asphalt 7, I got "insufficient storage space" errors so I thought about resetting my phone. So then again I did a reset on my phone thinking that it would fix the problem but it didn't so I thought about wiping the phone completely without backing up (yes i know HUGE mistake). I didn't think that it was a problem because i thought "well hey im restoring from this backup anyway. So I tried restoring from this backup and it doesn't work. I also tried installing victorious and it just stays stuck in the boot screen I even left it over night and it was still in the boot screen. I can't boot up my phone please help. Thanks

EDIT: I tried restoring from CWM but still no go, I went back to TWRP and now it doesnt even recognize my sd.

This phone's hardware layout doesn't allow you to store applications on the SD card. Your last edit states that your phone doesn't recognise the SD card anymore. Is it booting again?

Upvote 0
This phone's hardware layout doesn't allow you to store applications on the SD card. Your last edit states that your phone doesn't recognise the SD card anymore. Is it booting again?

I reflashed TRWP through odin and it fixed the problem, but i still dont know what im doing wrong :thinking:
I created a back up and deleted all the files within the backup and copied the files from the other back up and it still doesnt wanna work. i get an error message. oh and yeah but only in recovery mode

Edit: says "restoring system...
E:Error locating restore file: '/data/media/TWRP"

Upvote 0
Try downloading the backup again in case the first one is corrupt. Unzip the file. Make sure you put the folder named 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx in the folder TWRP>BACKUPS>####### on your SD card. Clear Delvik and Cache BEFORE restoring. DO NOT WIPE SYSTEM.

well ive tried that before but i did wiped the system a few hours ago while trying to figure this out.

Upvote 0
Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, but there is a different download for CWM, the TWRP file won't work.

I take that back, G60 removed the CWM backup. Looks like only TWRP is available.

ah man that sucks :(

"2. Restore G60's backup, but when asked to fix root (in TWRP), click do not install."
well thats the thing, it doesnt allow me to restore just gives an error, is there a specific place that i must put the back up in?

Upvote 0
Yes. Unzip the file. Make sure you put the folder named 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx in the folder TWRP>BACKUPS>####### on your SD card.

To get to the folder named 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx open the unzipped download and then open the TWRP folder again, then open the Backups folder and then open the folder that's a series of numbers and letters. Do this on your computer if you can. Then place the folder 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx in the folder TWRP>BACKUPS>########> on your SD Card using the adapter since you cannot do it with the phone. Make sure your looking for the backup in the external SD card in TWRP. It should show up as 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx with the x=numbers.

Upvote 0
Yes. Unzip the file. Make sure you put the folder named 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx in the folder TWRP>BACKUPS>####### on your SD card.

To get to the folder named 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx open the unzipped download and then open the TWRP folder again, then open the Backups folder and then open the folder that's a series of numbers and letters. Do this on your computer if you can. Then place the folder 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx in the folder TWRP>BACKUPS>########> on your SD Card using the adapter since you cannot do it with the phone. Make sure your looking for the backup in the external SD card in TWRP. It should show up as 1969-xx-xx--xx-xx-xx with the x=numbers.

yeah ive been doing that but since my computer doesnt recognize my phone i cant move the files around with it. i have to take the sd out put it in my old android phone, connect it to my pc and move the folders around in there. man i wish that i could just restore from cwm so much easier. :thinking:

EDIT: I tried step 5 but that also gave me an error. man im so frustrated right now =/ ive tried everything

EDIT 2: ok so I was able to flas CM(so far in still in the boot up screen), since this phone is my daily driver ill sadly have to find my way back to stock

Upvote 0
ah man that sucks :(

"2. Restore G60's backup, but when asked to fix root (in TWRP), click do not install."
well thats the thing, it doesnt allow me to restore just gives an error, is there a specific place that i must put the back up in?

Did you make sure to extract the .zip? You need to extract then take the extracted folder and copy it to SD then restore from SD. Make sure you have twrp as your recovery also. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if you completely shut your phone down before removing your SD card? Unmounting your SD card in System Settings is not good enough. If you don't shut down your phone before removing your SD card, it could damage it. Do you have another Micro SD card you can try just in case yours is bad?

Upvote 0
Did you wipe the cache and Delvik before restoring?? I thought you said you did, but it can be something easily overlooked.

You also checked that you are using TWRP 2.4.3.0, correct? There is an issue with 2.5. This is very important!
Yes I make sure to wipe both, and yes it does say 2.4.3.0.
I was just wondering if you completely shut your phone down before removing your SD card? Unmounting your SD card in System Settings is not good enough. If you don't shut down your phone before removing your SD card, it could damage it. Do you have another Micro SD card you can try just in case yours is bad?
I have 2 SD cards, one is 32GB (brand new just bought it like 2 days ago) and a 4GB. Ive been using the 32GB mainly. Ill retry everything and shut off my old android phone before taking out the SD this time.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones