• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just upgraded from the LG Dare to the Incredible. The Dare was a good phone, and the voice dialing feature was great. I made the assumption that the voice dialer on the Incredible would function in a similar manner, but it does not. The beauty of voice dialers on cell phones is it seems to me that you can make a call without having to look at the phone itself - a real help if you're in a car (I know shouldn't be calling from a car), but it is safer. With the Dare I would say something like "Call John Home" or "Call John Mobile" the phone would sometimes as me to verify but I could then respond with YES or NO and the phone would either call or disconnect.
The Incredible will let me initiate the call the same way "Call John" but then forces me to look at the screen to verify which number I want and tap the screen to proceed. Not very "voice" activated if you ask me. This is disappointing. But otherwise it's a great phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones