• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VOD streaming problem ICS

roobarb74

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
Hi guys,

I've just purchased the HTC one x and seem to be having difficulty streaming video from 4od (channel 4 in the UK). Every time I click on the video link either the connection just hangs, the phone freezes or the browser crashes. My flash is up to date and I've tried various browsers including Dolphin, Opera and Sky Fire.

I appreciate most of you probably live outside of the UK and not use this site but I was wondering if there was a more general streaming problem that I'm experiencing related to ICS.

any ideas much appreciated,

rup

Hi guys,

I've just purchased the HTC one x and seem to be having difficulty streaming video from 4od (channel 4 in the UK). Every time I click on the video link either the connection just hangs, the phone freezes or the browser crashes. My flash is up to date and I've tried various browsers including Dolphin, Opera and Sky Fire.

I appreciate most of you probably live outside of the UK and not use this site but I was wondering if there was a more general streaming problem that I'm experiencing related to ICS.

any ideas much appreciated,

rup

Welcome to the forums!!! :)

Yeah, we're not going to see the One X in the US for a while. That may be a codec thing with the way that channel distributes their media. Have you checked in the One X forum?

HTC One X - Android Forums

Have a look see in there and if you can't find an answer, post up a thread. Lots of good folks willing to help. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones