• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

vodafone 2.1 update, any news??

well i called vodafone yesterday and got told that they havent got a clue when it is coming, as they only get told when they have got it and not before, so god knows then! did you get yours sent in an update or did you have to connect your fone to pc? and how long have you had it and whats better about it? sorry for all the questions by the way, cheers.

Upvote 0
I went online on my phone to check for any updates I did it myself even though I had automatically check for updates it said connect to PC update available.
Just to be safe I reloaded the SE stuff on my PC so I knew that was up to date.
Backed up my stuff onto the sd card and followed update on PC.
I really like it. I find it quicker and I prefer the swipe on the bottom rather than the arc.

Upvote 0
Just copy your contacts to your sd card and make sure you have the latest release of Backup and Restore (it doesn't backup synced contacts and has been quirky on contacts in general).

Use Appbrain app on your phone and on line to save a list of your apps which you can then sync back afterwards.

That's my 2 penneth worth!

Upvote 0
Backup and Restore is quirky to say the least. Couple of things to bear in mind, it only backs up non synced contacts so if you have synced in the past with Google or SE they might be there. Also at the top left there is a three head icon with a plus, open that and have a fiddle with the selections there to see if you can find the rest of them.

Upvote 0
Had a look at the Vodafone UK forum and there is a sticky saying they have suspended the upgrade due to sms issues, the post was from a few days ago.

Sony Ericsson X10 2.1 update - Vodafone eForum

im with vodafone uk and updated yesterday. after i updated and switched the phone back on vodafone send me sms and mms settings to my phone straight away and i have had no problems with them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones