vodafone froyo installed

Last Updated:

1. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Up and running after I manually checked for updates. No branding at all, everything appears to work just fine. Off to see if I can move some apps to the SD card!

Advertisement
    bonespost likes this.
  2. lawriejambo

lawriejambo Member

Just checked also update android 2.2 and htc sense update 89.24mb

installing now

3. japester

japester Well-Known Member

I can confirm also no branding! YAY!

360 apps gone!
    All the usual froyo niceness! HOORAY

Oh, did anyone else notice that the options for sound and display are now separate rather then all together?!

AND 60mb free on the internal memory after moving some apps!

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

same as generic 2.2.

5. smashedrat2010

smashedrat2010 Active Member

Just done the update with vodafone all seems good, quick question though.
    How do i move existing apps to SD? im doing all this during work time so havent got time to lurk for answers. Thanks.

Got it SDmove did the trick.

6. DPG

DPG Member

I also have it installed. Thank goodness. Questions:

1) how do I move apps to SD card?
    2) Where do i download flash from. I cant seem to navigate to it from the phones browser.
    3) What other froyo features should i expect?

thanks

7. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

1. The easiest way is to download an app from the market called SDMove. This will automatically find all the apps that can be moved and then all you need to do is click on them to move them over.

2. It should already be on there. Go to a site like BBC - Homepage and see if a video will play.

3. Flash lite, rotate the screen all ways apart from upside down, its a lot faster and a lot more stable, can have a number lock instead of pattern, HD video recording...There are many more things, just google it and there will be a comprehensive list somewhere. Have found it really good.

Welcme to Froyo :D

8. Crafty

There seems to be lots of little enhancements everywhere for usability, for example it is now easier to reply to text messages, there's an app sharing utility and so on. Finding the browser to be quicker too, WiFi hotspot works, had an ipod attached to it and its surprisingly good.

Not found anything that isn't functioning properly yet. After bad press at the start of the month Vodafone get a thumbs up for delivering what was wanted and on time.

9. DPG

DPG Member

Thanks. What is the wi-fi hotspot do?

10. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member

Lets you tether your phone to your laptop so you can connect to the internet.

11. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Just one or does it let you connect more than one?

12. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

The hotspot can be used by several wireless devices, subject to the available bandwidth.

LECTER likes this.
  13. jay_kay

It uses your mobile internet connection and can be used over several connections.

USB tethering can also use WIFI.

LECTER likes this.
  14. TobesEtc

TobesEtc Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Vodafone 2.2 update has truly removed Branding or if it still leaves the phone as "branded" but just hasn't actually put any branding on it... if you see what I mean?

ie - once done will the next update run when HTC release the unbranded update or will we again have to wait for VF?

15. japester

japester Well-Known Member

Will still have to wait for the voda "optimised" version of any firmware, but it is debranded in so much as the bloatware has gone as has the boot splash screen. The Voda scene is still there so were back to how they came originally, albeit with some 2.2 froyo goodness added :p

16. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

It will be a Vodafone ROM (rather than the 'vanilla' HTC ROM)

17. jay_kay

Yes it will be a vodafone ROM with all their APN's added etc but it will have none of the 360 rubbish in there.

If the Vodafone Splash screen has gone then they have obviously listened to the outrage of their customers for once.

I debranded mine a while ago but my girlfriend is still on 2.1 so will be updating hers tonight :D

Its sad but my favourite thing from the upgrade is the simple number lock and not that pattern thing :) Oh and its much much much faster and smoother.

18. jay_kay

Sorry Eris Ed, read that as a question, answered it and then saw it was an answer :)

19. justjax

justjax Member

ooh forgot this was released today, just started it downloading now ..whoo hoo!

20. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

Yes, but they are still going to add the 360 stuff back in later, and I bet most people (not on here, I'd expect) will see the next update and do it - then regret it!

21. Crafty

Jon, yes there will be another update with the branding stuff in, they already said that. They said it will be optional and I think un-installable too ?

22. adam1985

adam1985 Well-Known Member

they said that the vf stuff will be installable from the market if you want it

23. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

Having it on Market is the way it should be, especially when they hope the services will be used by non-Vodafone customers (in reality, I can't see what they have over other stuff; hence why VF360 was such a disaster).

I see no reason to do any sort of update OTA to add it, when people won't know what the update is but will feel they should/most install it.

Of course, Vodafone can't be seen to have messed up 360 even though most people could see it was pointless and wondered why VF wanted to be like Nokia and start doing its own services. How many people are really going to download the apps voluntarily?

24. drng69

drng69 New Member

just installed it. a bit too late in the day to play with it. i'll have a go tomorrow...

oops spoke too soon. says i need 25mb of spare storage first.

25. Allan87

Allan87 Member

I've just installed this update and had my SMSs wiped. I'm trying to restore the backup but cannot find any way of doing it, has the privacy tab that houses the backup settings in the settings panel disappeared for everyone else too?