Vodafone OTA 2.2 Update and Rooted Desire

Last Updated:

1. Billstein

Billstein Member This Topic's Starter

I recently rooted my Vodafone (UK) HTC Desire after the bloated 2.1 release from Vodafone but never got around to flashing a custom rom (after problems with the clockwork recovery Amoled or SLCD). I know wish to install the clean(er) 2.2 official Vodfone OTA release but I'm having trouble. When I download OTA the phone restarts and hangs at a screen with a triangle and explanation mark. I can then get to the recovery screen where I se the error - failed, un-verified signature.

Can anyone shed any light on what I need to do to install the Vodfone release, do I need to un-root my phone first?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Is there any particular reason you want to go to the official voda release instead of a custom 2.2?

If you went for custom, you would get a faster, more stable and massively more customisable ROM

3. Billstein

Basically I am looking for something pretty basic and the main reason for rooting was to try and get rid of all the Vodafone bloatware. Is there a fairly standard Rom you would reccomend?

4. SUroot

Absolutely. MoDaCo R8 2.2 Custom ROM

Billstein likes this.
  5. Billstein

If I go with the MoDaCo ROM do I need to flash a seperate radio as I can't see it mentioned on Paul's post.
    Thanks

6. SUroot

No, its included.