Vodafone Rolling Out HTC Desire Froyo Update Just as Promised

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

It seems a rare occasion when a carrier or manufacturer sticks firmly to their update plans, but just as promised last week the HTC Desire on Vodafone is beginning to receive its update to Android 2.2 today. Aside from being an update to the most recent version of Android, this firmware will also remove the [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. starbase1

starbase1 Well-Known Member

So anyone tried it?

Have they avoided piling on the crapware this time around?
    Nick

3. starbase1

starbase1 Well-Known Member

I did my upgrade this morning, and it was trouble free.

I had the phone connected to power and wifi, and I'd say it took about half an hour - so don't start if you are planning on making any calls in the near future! I did noeed to do a manual power off and on to nudge it forwards after the initial update, and it cycled through several stages before it finished.

I've only had the new version on a few hours - my initial impressions are that things definitely feel a lot snappier, though claims that it would be 5 or 6 times faster seem over optimistic, (hardly surprising as the phone is going to spend a lot of its time downloading or moving data around).

No other goodies I have noticed, and I am pleased to say no sign of crapware this time!

Nick