Voice Activated Dialing with a Moto Bluetooth H710?Support

Last Updated:

1. cooden

cooden Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I can't get my Moment to voice dial with my H710 headset. It worked fine on my old phones. Does voice dialing not work with the Bluetooth headsets? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

voice dialing not work with the Bluetooth headsets

3. Sharon

Sharon Member

With the above statement, I hope this poster only meant the voice dialing does not work with BT headset as far as the Moment. Because I had the H710 BT and I used voice dialing with my BB Curve, never had a problem! But, if I am unable to do voice dialing using a BT with the Moment, then this may be the final straw for me to take the Moment back. :(

4. Jdennen

Jdennen Member

I am unable to dial with the H710 either, What I do is use the voice dial on the phone and then click the earpiece once. I usually can then hear the dialing and then the person answering. Initially, I had problems with the outgoing volume, but by fiddling with the earpiece, it seems to work okay now.

5. Sharon

Sharon Member

I just recently purchased a BT headset after I posted in this thread and guess what, the moment's voice dial does NOT work with any BT headset! :(

6. Jdennen

Jdennen Member

Any idea which one it works with?

7. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Well-Known Member

I too was disappointed to find out that my Motorola bluetooth device could not use voice dialing. I have to use the voice dial by Nuance on the Moment itself, then it switches automatically to my headset on the first ring. Still, though, a pain in the ass.

8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Bluetooth in general doesn't work with voice control on the Moment. Maybe it does on the Hero if HTC added it to Sense. Just as bad as visual voicemail doesn't work over BT either.

9. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

No bluetooth will work as for now as far as VD goes; I do as Gizmodo said & just hit the VD button on the phone; that works just as well for me...