voice activated web search

1. 4stars

4stars Member

I hate the droid keyboard. Many have said this. I am probably going to get one anyway. I am told you can use your voice to search the web and you dont even need to use a virtual or real keyboard.

How well does this voice thing work on the Droid????Any major problems with it.

I know droid has faster processor,bigger screen than Eris Dont like the "brick" feel and look of droid. Love eris feel.

Dont think I could go without a keyboard, just to be safe. So Eris is probably out.

Would like comments on voice without using keyboard for internet searches.

Advertisement
    :
  2. 4stars

4stars Member

I hate the droid keyboard. Many have said this. I am probably going to get one anyway. I am told you can use your voice to search the web and you dont even need to use a virtual or real keyboard.

How well does this voice thing work on the Droid????Any major problems with it.

I know droid has faster processor,bigger screen than Eris Dont like the "brick" feel and look of droid. Love eris feel.

Dont think I could go without a keyboard, just to be safe. So Eris is probably out.

Would like comments on voice without using keyboard for internet searches.
  3. thrifty

thrifty Well-Known Member

Voice search has been nothing but amazing IMO... just say what you're looking for or say "navigate" first and get directions... with great success.

one of the best things to impress people with..
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Is there an echo in here? the voice features of the droid are amazing. Also just as amazing is the talk to me keyboard app. I created this entire post without typing anything.
  5. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Hmmm.......Messenger13....I just got better keyboard that has speech input......but can't do punctuation..... Can Talk to Me do punctuation?

Your post has punctuation....that's why I ask.
  6. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Does the "Talk To Me" app also work for e-mails and SMS?
  7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The TalkToMe Keyboard works every time u use a keyboard. The app simply adds a microphone at the top of the soft keyboards, and an icon for the hardware keyboard. A MUST HAVE APP!!!!!
  8. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Agree. TalkToMe keyboard is probably the most useful app I've installed. Works better than any other voice related app I've used. Actually presents choices to you after you've spoken, so you can pick the best results. Have found that if you speak slowly, and robotically it is pretty accurate.

@ Magnus: Yes
  9. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

1) What about Punctuations?

2) If you're "speaking" an e-mail or SMS, do you have to hit send using the keyboard, or is there a "send" command you can speak?
  10. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Yes it does punctuation, but you have to speak it. So to say...'Hi, how are you?' ...you speak 'Hi, how are you question mark'.

You still have to hit send in whatever app you're using. TalkToMe just replaces the way the text is input.
  11. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm glad punctuation works.

From prior experience, most of the text to speech apps I've used aren't very accurate, but heck it's only a buck for the app.

Time to start praticing my Optimus Prime voice..