1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

voice app or command to play music track

Last Updated:

1. Maureend

Maureend Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a voice command (or new voice app) that will play a music track from your own library?

Apparently you can use the voice command Play <playlist name>. What if I want to say Play <track name>... ?

I don't want to be bothered with Pandora or Last.fm or any of those. I have a ton of music on my phone now. It seems to understand Play <track name> but tries to open one of the above-mentioned services. Same deal with Listen to <track name>.

The reason I want this is for the CarDock app... so maybe there's a better car app, but it seems like it would still interact with the stock Google voice search, no?

Oh - and it would be great if it didn't pop up a confirmation screen... just play the darn song!

Advertisement
  2. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

At the moment, Voice Actions only supports cloud/searchable music services.

According to this thread, they are working on getting it to support the native music app. You have to scroll down a bit in the thread as it discusses a couple different issues.

3. Maureend

Maureend Member This Topic's Starter

DenverRalphy,

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I tried searching before I posted but came up with way too many results to go through them.

This helps.