Voice Call - battery use and temperature issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm on my #3 Captivate now.. and I need to get some other people's experience on these items.

First off, my #1 Captivate would get hot while on voicecall (lets say 15min), the #2 phone would NOT get hot even after a 30min call. The #2 phone also had the longest lasting battery of the 3 as well. But the phone could not see ANY satellites so back it went..

#3 phone - I'm not having the best experience with - I downloaded the BatStat widget to monitor temp and battery percentage.. So I dialed my wife's phone with the battery at 35%, and temp at 36 degrees-

8 minutes in - 40 degrees and 30%
    11 minutes in - 42 degrees and 28%
    14 minutes in - 44 degrees and 26% (getting uncomfortably hot on my ear at this point)
    22 minutes in - 42 degrees and 24% (I put the phone on the table and the temp has dropped 2 degrees in 5 minutes. Is this an issue with the proximity sensor??)
    Ended call at 11:54PM - in (1) minute, phone is down from 42 to 38 degrees

So since I've had the issue with the temperature before, I know it should not be happening - Does anyone know what causes the temp to go up so high?

Am I in the same boat as others with these two issues combined? I will most likely return the phone again tomorrow...

Advertisement
  2. born_fisherman

born_fisherman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

bump

3. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

i once had an hour long call on speaker. I do not remember feeling any bad temp increase. Maybe it is related to your hand. From what you described about the 3 phones, all of them could have been normal, and the differences were a result of different things you installed or did with the phone.

4. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Location can be an issue - poor signal means more work from the transceiver, more battery used, hotter phone. Also if you are charging while using, you will see the phone heat up.

5. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problems with mine. It gets super hot. It's gotten up to 55 degrees celsius before, unplugged, while running one app. Only one. Well, one, then I closed it to check the temp with my battery temp app.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I've moved your thread/query to the Support area for you, fisherman. ;)

7. Liferules

Liferules Member

I've had similar issues. Phone is always 37 C or higher. If using even mildly, goes to 40 and above. Has been up to 47 once. I don't have any Android smartphones to compare but know my old iPhone didn't get hot like this... Odd...