Voice Call Speaker OutputSupport

Last Updated:

1. proxima_centauri

proxima_centauri New Member This Topic's Starter

The voice call speaker on my Legend has become extremely unpleasant to use for calls. I can only describe the output as scratchy, buzzy or raspy. At first I had hoped it was a reception issue, but since the headset provided works with perfect clarity during a call, I am sure it must be a hardware issue. This issue started 2 months after I bought the phone.

I contacted the nearest Bell store (Canadian mobile provider), and described the problem. I was told that 3 other similar cases with the HTC Legend had been received that the representative had heard of.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If you sent it away to be fixed, was the problem corrected with no further difficulties?

I'm hesitant to pay for the shipping and repair costs if this is a persistent problem or hardware malfunction that is prone to happen time after time.

Advertisement
  2. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same issue - worked fine for a couple of months then broke for a week but it fixed itself after that...

3. proxima_centauri

proxima_centauri New Member This Topic's Starter

To clarify GeoffBot, the issue self-resolved with no intervention? Just started working out-of-the-blue again?
    Maybe I'll wait a little while :)

4. GeoffBot

GeoffBot Well-Known Member

Yeah - sorry it was a while back - I've had 2 legends since then but I think it just resolved itself...