Voice calls killing my battery incredibly

Last Updated:

1. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Iw as just at 30% battery after 10-11 hours of use and made an 8 minute call, first of the day, and suddenly it was down to 20% and said voice calls had been 25% of my battery for the day. what is going on?

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I never trust battery gauges. They're never very accurate. You can test it though by charging it to 100% make an 8 minute call then use it normally the rest of the day. Then check.

3. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Voice calls use more power than almost any other activity you can do with your phone. Although you see a 10% drop in battery level, with the rounding it could be less. If you are getting 12+ hours out of your phone with moderate use then in my opinion things are fine. They advertise 6.5 hours of talk time (figure 5 to be realistic) so I don't think what you are seeing is out of line.

4. mattbizkit78

mattbizkit78 Member

I don't know if this makes a difference, but it seems to me once the battery gets down to that last thirty percent or so it just seems drain faster then the first 70 percent no matter what i'm using the phone for. Might just be my imagination though

5. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

I actually experience quite the opposite. My last 15 or 20 percent last what seems like forever.