1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Voice command to dial a number on Note 3?

1. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Will I be able to use a voice command to make my new Galaxy Note 3 dial a regular number or answer the phone while I'm driving? (This is my first such device.)

Advertisement
  2. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

The_Chief and ScandaLeX like this.
  3. Simon_Gardner

Thanks. That half answers it. So answering calls works fine under voice control. Still not sure about making calls from that. And I wonder how it copes with the noise in the environment of a car?
  4. redpill2016

redpill2016 Well-Known Member

My car is pretty loud, so if I have to make a call when driving I use one of these: IASUS Concepts - NT3 Throat Mic System

I'm told the consonants are not that sharp but that I'm still understandable, which is better than the regular mic in the car because then they just hear me shifting gears.
  5. Simon_Gardner

The major reason for holding on to our old phones for years and years was really nice dedicated cradle wired car kits with a mike up high, speaker and everything. They don't make good stuff like that any more. And I will have to try again with a bluetooth thing. My first bluetooth car kit failed after a few months.

There are some Parrot kits with voice recognition. So you can do all the stuff I mentioned in the first post.

But I was wondering if maybe I might not have to do that with Note 3 voice control. My car isn't that noisy. Mostly the aircon.
  6. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member

As there has been no definitive answer to your questions, I can unequivocally say 'yes, you can.'

Check out pages 138 & 139 in the user guide where it states: