Voice command to navigate to your contacts?

Last Updated:

1. TarHeel

TarHeel New Member This Topic's Starter

I have addresses saved for many of my contacts and but there doesn't seem to be a way to use a voice command to initiate navigator with directions to their address (i.e. "navigate to John B").

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

I know I can pull up the contact list manually and click the map icon for them and then get into navigator that way, but hoping for a simpler, voice driven way to do this.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

After pressing the microphone icon, say, "Navigate to (your contact's name here) mobile phone".

3. TarHeel

TarHeel New Member This Topic's Starter

And that inititiates the GPS/navigator providing directions to the person's address?
    I know how to call contacts using voice commands; I'm asking about the navigation feature.

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

My bad...I couldn't get it to work right. What I found to work, which isn't as efficient as you're probably hoping, is:

1. From home screen (basically Nav, Car Home emulator app closed), press/hold the magnifying glass.

2. When Mic appears, say, "Directions to, (your contact's name)"

3. When the map appears with the "My Location" and "(your contact's name) in the start/end points, press the bookmark icon to the right of your contact's name.

4. A "Choose endpoint" window will appear, select the "Contacts" option

...you may get a short list to confirm, but it will at least get you the right contact, without having to type the address, or finding all the people on the internet with your contact's name. :rolleyes: :)

If the Voice Dialer app could "navigate" it defaults to the contacts, but can also open any app on the phone. In the settings menu, I de-selected all the options under "Google Search", and left only "Contacts" but you still have to drill down 1-2 steps too many. You would think that it wouldn't default to the web search after all the settings changes.