Voice Commands - AlarmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jgawera

jgawera Member

Does anyone know how to use voice commands to activate a named alarm?
    If I say "set alarm for 7:30" it will set an alarm for 7:30 - great.

If I already have an alarm defined for 7:30 called "work", I can't find the right phrase to use to get it to activate that alarm.

Any ideas?
    Is this even possible.

Thanks
    J

Advertisement
  2. Daz71

Daz71 Active Member

Say the name for the alarm as you set it.
    "Set alarm for 7:30 Wake Up"
    The_Gnome_ likes this.
  3. jgawera

jgawera Member

Thanks
    That works!

I'd not been saying "for" which looks like it's the important word in this case.

"Set alarm 7:30 Wake Up"
    "Set alarm wake up" just does a google search
    "set alaram for 7:30 Wake Up" sets the alarm called wake up :)

I wonder what else you can do with voice commands.
  4. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

related question.

if at 7:00:30 (7am and 30 seconds) I say "set a timer for 10 minutes", GN creates an alarm at 7:10.
    But is it 7:10:00 sharp or 7:10:30?
  5. jgawera

jgawera Member

Looks like "set a timer for 10 minutes" just creates an alarm called "timer" so it's another way of what I was trying to do originally.
    You can substitute "timer" for any word and it'll create an alarm with that name. Alarms only have minute resolution.

I don't think stock android has a countdown timer (the nexus 7 is my first non HTC android device)
    On HTC there was a separate page in the clock/alarms app to set countdown timers which you could set the seconds on.
    It also hasa handy stopwatch, and world clock.
  6. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

that's one thing I like about iOS. there's a built-in timer app, and if you tell siri to set a timer for 10 minutes, it begins a countdown from 10 minutes. unlike android where it's ambiguous as to whether it's actually 10 min, or if it's an alarm where it's roughly 10 min.