Voice Commands - AlarmsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jgawera

jgawera Member

Does anyone know how to use voice commands to activate a named alarm?
    If I say "set alarm for 7:30" it will set an alarm for 7:30 - great.

If I already have an alarm defined for 7:30 called "work", I can't find the right phrase to use to get it to activate that alarm.

Any ideas?
    Is this even possible.

2. Daz71

Daz71 Active Member

Say the name for the alarm as you set it.
    "Set alarm for 7:30 Wake Up"
    The_Gnome_ likes this.
  3. jgawera

jgawera Member

That works!

I'd not been saying "for" which looks like it's the important word in this case.

"Set alarm 7:30 Wake Up"
    "Set alarm wake up" just does a google search
    "set alaram for 7:30 Wake Up" sets the alarm called wake up :)

I wonder what else you can do with voice commands.
  4. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

related question.

if at 7:00:30 (7am and 30 seconds) I say "set a timer for 10 minutes", GN creates an alarm at 7:10.
    But is it 7:10:00 sharp or 7:10:30?
  5. jgawera

jgawera Member

Looks like "set a timer for 10 minutes" just creates an alarm called "timer" so it's another way of what I was trying to do originally.
    You can substitute "timer" for any word and it'll create an alarm with that name. Alarms only have minute resolution.

I don't think stock android has a countdown timer (the nexus 7 is my first non HTC android device)
    On HTC there was a separate page in the clock/alarms app to set countdown timers which you could set the seconds on.
    It also hasa handy stopwatch, and world clock.
  6. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

that's one thing I like about iOS. there's a built-in timer app, and if you tell siri to set a timer for 10 minutes, it begins a countdown from 10 minutes. unlike android where it's ambiguous as to whether it's actually 10 min, or if it's an alarm where it's roughly 10 min.