• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Voice Commands Over Bluetooth x10 android 2.3

greektreat

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Hey all,
two nights ago I upgraded my x10 from 2.1 to 2.3 using Wolfbreak Custom Gingerbread 4.0.3 , and I was looking forward the advanced voice command that are available on android's 2.2+. but when I paired my Motorola T505 Bluetooth device to my upgraded x10 I couldn't get it to activate the voice recognition. Is there some setting I have to set? is there something wrong with my T505 or my x10? This is one of the biggest reason that I wanted to upgrade to 2.3. I have Voice Seach installed and it works when I don't use the bluetooth, but when i have it paired and i press the call button on my BT device I can't get it to start up the Voice search.

I have tried searching this issue on the net with no luck.
Any Suggestions?

Hey all,
two nights ago I upgraded my x10 from 2.1 to 2.3 using Wolfbreak Custom Gingerbread 4.0.3 , and I was looking forward the advanced voice command that are available on android's 2.2+. but when I paired my Motorola T505 Bluetooth device to my upgraded x10 I couldn't get it to activate the voice recognition. Is there some setting I have to set? is there something wrong with my T505 or my x10? This is one of the biggest reason that I wanted to upgrade to 2.3. I have Voice Seach installed and it works when I don't use the bluetooth, but when i have it paired and i press the call button on my BT device I can't get it to start up the Voice search.

I have tried searching this issue on the net with no luck.
Any Suggestions?

Would be nice to know if this issue persisted on a non custom rom copy of 2.3

Have you tried the generic unaltered copy of 2.3? I hate to suggest it, but I don't use bluetooth or voice recognition.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ii installed voicedialer.apk and it works now but sometime it says it stopped working
xda-developers - View Single Post - WB-XPERIA Gingerbread 4.0.3 | new Kernel, CIFS, Interactive... | 21/8/2011

Bummer....well something isn't right with VoiceDialer...either it didn't install in the right place...or create the right files or folders when it was created or something.

Hopefully that is for sure the Voicedialer.apk that is part of 2.3 and not 2.1.

Might be easier if you try from the generic 2.3....then root and then install Titanium Backup and remove any unwanted apps.

I remember readin on XDA there was a thread about what processes are needed and which one's aren't in 2.3....

Reactions: greektreat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones