Voice Commands

Last Updated:

1. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if the Droid can handle voice commands such as "Play Music", "Party Shuffle", "Play (Artist)", "Play (Song)", "Play (Album)", "Open Email", "Play (Video)", etc, etc; or if there are plans for this in the future firmware? I personally could make use of this, especially "Play (Artist)". I tried to make it play a song and it called my grandma ):

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between voice search and voice dialer? It seems like when I use voice dialer, I say "Call Home" and a list of options pops up of who to call (one choice being Home) (When I wish it would have just automatically called Home), but if I use voice search it automatically does call Home.

Advertisement
  2. SteveRyan

SteveRyan Well-Known Member

You can use the Voice Dialer to open different apps. For example, you can say "Open music" and it will offer a button for you to open the music app. It works like this for all apps and settings. You can say "Open sound and display settings."

Also, you can try "Open battery info" and "Open SD card".

The Voice Search app is can access your contacts and automatically dial any of them. It can also search the internet. It does not have access to any of your apps besides contacts.

Voice Dialer does not have internet access.

3. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

seems kind of pointless to have 2 apps. why can't they intergrate this into 1 single app... i wish I could just say "shuffle music" and it would sart playing... lol :)

4. RandyF

RandyF Member

AGREED!!! Voice Search should do EVERYTHING!! The Voice Dialer app takes up valuable space on my desktop...