• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice control and BT headset issues?

odb

Lurker
Apr 15, 2010
First, thanks to all the great people here who provide tons of info... I have a Jawbone bluetooth headset that worked great on the Moment with the 1.5. Updated and now, when I press the call button on the headset, sometimes nuance voice control will open and ask "Say A Command"... i do so, and most of the time it will just go back to the home page. Sometimes it hears the command and will ask to confirm it. At that point, it just stays there, even after i say "Yes" 55 times, and then goes back to home screen. If I manually dial the number it will route it to the headset and all is well with the world. But driving, this is a pain and crashing is a really sucky option. Anyone else have anything like this happening? Any ideas? I am sure this issue has been beaten like a slow horse but I am tired of swerving all over the road trying to make a call.....Thanks again...

I found the answer to the Android 2.1 update and BT voice dialing problem.
Your Gmail account has duplicate entries or you merged duplicate entries within Gmail causing the problem. If you merged duplicate entries, it cannot be reversed thus creating a new account will fix it.
Here is what I done.
1. I created a new Gmail account
2. I manually added all the contacts entries so I didn't have any duplicates. DO NOT IMORT YOUR CONTACTS FROM YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT.
3. I logged out of my current Gmail account
4. Reset phone to factory settings in menu, This is a must to use the new Gmail account. If you just add a new account, you just make it worse.
5. Logged into new Gmail account
6. Tested BT voice dial, confirmed working

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones