Voice control for camera?General

1. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

I read somewhere on a forum that it was possible on the Galaxy S3 to use voice control to operate the phone. i.e.

Advertisement
    :
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

First go into main settings and and access 'Language and input'. In there set 'Voice cmd for apps' to 'on'.

Next open camera and you should see and extra icon at the top right - just to the left of the camera icon.

You can now take the photo by saying something like 'shoot'. The actual word doesn't matter anything will do. Seems to work OK. Useful as you don't have to move hand to take photo
    wunay likes this.
  3. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

blenky
    Thanks for that - works perfectly.
  4. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

One further question:- I cannot seem to locate the option to change save photos to external SD card.
    Can you assist?
  5. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Load Camera, go to the Gear icon (bottom icon) and when the list shows up scroll right to the very bottom. It's there titled 'Storage.
    Tap on this and select 'Memory Card' and NOT Phone.
    From now on when you take a normal shot it will get saved to your external microsd card.

The only exception is if you do a Burst run of shots. Doing this will automatically send the burst mode of shots to the DCIM folder on the Phone.
    wunay likes this.
  6. wunay

wunay Well-Known Member

Beards
    Thanks for that. It is the second time that I have accessed a menu and did NOT scroll down!!!
    I would kick my own backside if I could.
  7. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

LOL.... No problem.
  8. newtoandroid99

newtoandroid99 Well-Known Member

FYI , I have noticed using camera with the voice function enabled in a noisy room is a nightmare, it makes the camera become very unresponsive and I have to disable it.
  9. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

Just an update, has anyone realized this option is gone from their phone since upgrading to JB?

I can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings.
  10. rajeevk

rajeevk Active Member

This is a hidden secret of S3 for me. Thanks for this info.
    Is this feature works for Galaxy note 2 also ?
  11. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Well-Known Member

Its been moved to the settings section in S Voice
    wftomlin likes this.
  12. FxsX24

FxsX24 Well-Known Member

why the hell did they do that.
  13. trnfla

trnfla New Member

Very cool feature. Thanks
  14. wftomlin

wftomlin Member

Gotta love the internet. NEVER would have found this otherwise!!