Voice Dialer Crashes/Force Close EVERYTIME I use it?!Support

Last Updated:

1. GTPprix

GTPprix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mods, please leave this thread here in hopes it actually garners some attention, the support section does not receive anywhere near the traffic this one does!

This literally happens to me EVERY time I try to use it, it didnt always do this so I'm not exactly sure when it started. I've done the normal reboot etc, does anyone have a fix/reset for this thing? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Without knowing when it started and what was installed just prior to it starting, it is going to be a little difficult to determine what the cause might be.

Have you installed any dialer apps?
    Have you installed anything like "Not Call Log"?
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    Are you opposed to a factory reset?

3. GTPprix

GTPprix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ah great to see the mod staff reads posts before they move them now I'm sure I'm screwed as people only read this section when THEIR stuff isnt working LOL

I've done a battery pull, the usual stuff. No dialer/call log apps, all stock there I guess I could do a factory reset I've got backups or I guess I could wait till 2.2 if its REALLY that close LOL

4. jayjay1122

To be honest, I would not wait around for 2.2 to show up to fix the issue...especially if you need your phone to work!

I hate recommending this, but you should probably do a factory reset.

Sorry I could not give you a better answer, I've just never seen that one before! Good luck!

5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I agree and have said this from the beginning. The main part of the forum (first page, whatever) should be for support and troubleshooting. All the posts about "when you ordered your incredible" or "Why I hate my Dinc" etc, etc. should be in the sub forums. In every forum I've been part of, the main focus was support and problem solving. The way this one is set up, it has been pushed to a sub-forum, and the main forum has becomes the frivolous section!

I like helping with technical issues, but sometimes I also forget to check this sub-forum, because the moves are not consistent. I find plenty of problems to solve in the main forum, so the people who are following the "rules" get penalized for it.

OK, had my say! :D

6. jayjay1122

+10000

I always go here:

http://androidforums.com/search.php?searchid=2349529

a couple of times a day just to see if there are any questions being asked that I might be able to answer cause most of the stuff on the main page is (like you said) "So I went to Best Buy last night" or "I talked to a CSR on the phone and they said" or "Incredible vs. XYZ"...

Kind of a shame!

Musky likes this.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Voice Dialer and clear data. Give that a shot and retry.

8. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

The link you posted didn't take me anywhere, just a page that says "no matches".

I also think it's a shame that the first impression people get of the forum is like a ladies knitting club! :mad:

9. jayjay1122

Not sure what happened with the link!!

It is Android Forums -> Unanswered threads