Voice dialer issues, are there settings somewhere?Support

Last Updated:

1. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having major issues with the voice dialer. If I say call mom or call dad, works great, call Gram and Rafael, works perfect....but if I say call Margaret it only lists one contact but I have two Margarets in my contact list. Even if I say call Margaret "Lastname" it brings up only the other Margaret.

I try to use it to call my son Alex and it brings up Alison or Alltel even if I use his last name. If I change it in contacts to Alexander then it translates it as Open Ultrachron or something else ridiculous. I tried shortening it to Al, still brings up Alison and Alltel but not my son. Then I tried changing it to Buddy or The Kid, I can't find any configuration that the voice dial will call him.

Using voice dial for things like opening the apps works great, but actually voice dialing my contacts is a nightmare unless I have the number memorized, it does recognize spoken numbers very well.

Are there some settings somewhere that I am missing, ones that allow or block voice dial from access to certain contacts, or something that lets you customize it somehow to work better? Or is there a 3rd party app that will work better?

Advertisement
  2. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, guess it's a hopeless issue. :-/