Voice dialer questions

Last Updated:

1. ss220

ss220 Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone explain to me how the voice dialer chooses the possible phone numbers it displays as options? All of my contacts have at least two phone numbers (mobile and work), for some contacts the voice dialer only lists one number and for others, it will list all of them. I thought it might have something to do with the designated 'primary' number, but changing that has no effect. When I ask the app to call my wife, it only shows her mobile number even though there are two other numbers in her contact info. Even if I say to call her "at work" the work number won't show up, only the mobile number. This is pretty frustating. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. ss220

ss220 Member This Topic's Starter

bump...anyone?

3. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

VD sucks...I say one thing and a totally different entry appears. I have googled to find out other options and found a program in the marketplace called Voice Dialer HF. It's supposed to repeat options back to you so that you pick the proper contact. I haven't purchased it yet since I can't voice dial via blue-tooth.

If you do get it...let us know what you think.

LINK TO APP: DFXmobile: Voice Dialer HF

4. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Agreed VD sucks. I can't get it to come up with anything even close to what I say and my speech is plain jane vanilla english with no accent. "Call Rick Smith" comes up with Bill Carrier as the only option. On my old WinMo phone there was some training thing I did and it worked fairly well after that.

5. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I am very interested in this as well. I have the same problem as the op but not as spyder.

If I say, "call john smith" it pulls up john smiths work and other phone numbers as possible options. I want john smiths cell number, so I say "call john smith cell" and it STILL only pulls up his work and home numbers despite the fact that his cell is checked as default! I even tried changing his number from "cell" to "home" and tried it again, no dice. So I tried "call john smith home" and nothing, it refuses to display his default number which honestly should be the only number it always displays.

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Not being able to use VD through Bluetooth kinda makes it pointless, no? I mean, if you have to hold the phone then just use speedial or a quickdial app. Am I missing something?